Why do you want that bike?

Why that bike?

• Total voters
This is a question i often stand and ponder in the cave as i'm considering which should go. The trouble is i can find a reason to keep them all. I never did get the one i always wanted but my latest is a far more boutique homage.

I really do need to rationalise my limited collection of about 15 full bikes. I always said i wouldn't keep anything in a non rideable state (other than popping on pedals) so seeing a full bike, looking it in the eyes and casting it aside is difficult.

Given the current price of parts and my post furlough finances, something has to give........

For me it was always I lusted after bikes I couldn't afford. I always wondered what they would be like to ride compared to the bike I could afford (My 1992 Scott Superlite) and how different components would feel, which drives me with my diverse choice of bikes and components.

I like rarities, either flat out 'not many made' or something customised at point of original manufacture...I like to be 'different' in pretty much all aspects of my life.

Added "Because it's rare/different" to the poll options :)

Mine started out as the bikes I wanted as a kid but couldn't afford. All the ones from MBA etc which we all drooled over. Latterly it's become a case of 'completism' more than anything I guess. One of every year, one of every rider, etc...

Cos paper round money was only £8.50 a week haha, and a pace was around a million years of saving
How the other half live, I had to do a full time night round, and an early morning Sunday round to get that kind of money, no wonder you have two million paces lmao 🤣

I delivered the free paper. 172 houses for £1.72 a week. Extra money if there were leaflets too mind :LOL:

Oh god that's just reminded me of the supplements, late afternoon to do your round on a Saturday, then back after tea to do the sportsmail, then we used to have the property guide on a Thursday night that went out same time as the normal papers, man they were heavy!

But then again not as heavy as a Sunday morning with all the broadsheet papers and their individual magazines too, man we were abused children weren't we lmao 🤣

Back