USA maggot cruiser.

I think FUBAR scrawled with a permanent marking pen wouldn’t detract from the value. That’s a new endearment term for this bike, although I also like Maggot. I could spray bomb everything with silver paint, tires, pedals everything, giving it bling and name it “The Silver Maggot”. That would add additional class. I’ve built many “Silver Maggots“ in the past. They have been either college commuter bikes, going back 55 years, or winter bikes. When they were truly FUBAR they were tossed. The first silver maggot came from caving ground around an abandoned iron mine. I was chicken to trespass over the fence with all the warning signs but a guy in my class jumped the fence for it. I sprayed everything silver on these maggots. I don’t really want another silver maggot, silver paint would destroy the original ambiance. This ain’t my first rodeo as far as maggots go. I love them. When the frame rusts apart from winter road salt their in the recycle bin. I’ve built at least 5 silver maggots. Lost count. This one takes the cake for the total lack of wrenching skill and the number of shot parts. It must have been originally built by Mr. Indifference.

Last edited:
I think FUBAR scrawled with a permanent marking pen wouldn’t detract from the value. That’s a new endearment term for this bike, although I also like Maggot. I could spray bomb everything with silver paint, tires, pedals everything, giving it bling and name it “The Silver Maggot”. That would add additional class. I’ve built many “Silver Maggots“ in the past. They have been either college commuter bikes, going back 55 years, or winter bikes. When they were truly FUBAR they were tossed. I sprayed everything silver on these maggots. I don’t really want another silver maggot, silver paint would destroy the original ambiance. This ain’t my first rodeo as far as maggots go. I love them. When the frame rusts apart from winter road salt their in the recycle bin. I’ve built at least 5 silver maggots. Lost count. This one takes the cake for the total lack of wrenching skill and the number of shot parts. It must have been originally built by Mr. Indifference.
Maybe upgrade to gold paint, and make a Golden Maggot... ;)

The spokes are all tight with rust. I could turn only one. The front incorrectly spoked wheel has the loosest spokes and for some reason their not screwed very far into the nipples, the spoke threads are showing a lot so they are only in a few turns and very loose. I’ll continue with penetrant. What a mess. You got to hand it to the ingenuity of the original builder, trying something he had no clue about.

Back