Muddy Fox Prestige 1988 the £5k one.

There was a second hand place in the arches on the left at the beginning of Walworth Road, could be there, I think that's where you mean?

There is a Happy bikes on Camberwell Road that sells Scooters, could have been sold 2nd hand through there I suppise

Last edited:
arches one was what I was thinking of......he may have got camberwell rd and OKR mixed up as was a while ago, he did seem to be pretty certain it was called happy bikes.

I messaged Angelo on FB, doesnt seem like he's on there much but you never know!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Other than this catalog, the only other printed advert I've seen with it in was this one below - assume from a magazine:

View attachment 716861
Superb! Pleased you got it. I keep an eye out for stuff like that and in a very narrow field know what is/isn’t about and was sure that’s one I’ve not seen before and remembered you have the bike. Chances are high that must be your exact bike on the cover?

Superb! Pleased you got it. I keep an eye out for stuff like that and in a very narrow field know what is/isn’t about and was sure that’s one I’ve not seen before and remembered you have the bike. Chances are high that must be your exact bike on the cover?

Yep....thats the general consensus, only real difference is the decals, but they could have been udated to the '88 branding prior to sale or however they got rid of it....that bit is still a mystery.

Many thanks for pointing out, I'm sure I would have missed it otherwise.

What about that carbon fiber Sugino chainring ?
only a wrap on allot or only the teeths are in alloy ?

So....no is the answer, its not been spruced up any further. Its safe in my office with a couple of other bikes and i do use it occasionally around the site but as its at work finding time here to do anything meaningful to it is trickier than I'd anticipated. I have too many 'projects', however with the actors strike the film I'm working on might be shutting down for a month or so, which in theory will give me an unexpected holiday to maybe get on with some fixing up some of these poor things.....fingers crossed.

I did do a bit of digging on the compnents as to exactly how bespoke they are, the chainset looks like it is a Sugino 75 as seen on the lotus Elan 75, but my one is gold plated with added MF graphic and a triple (not seen a 75 triple anywhere) the 'carbon' ring is steel faced with carbon (more than just a sticker though & from the lotus images they were all like this...), the seatpost is carbon Sugino 75. The rollercam brakes and mechs are production items with custom paint finishes/graphics (or at least can't find any record of black versions), front mech is brazed on which is unusal i think, levers are 'normal' suntour, but the thumbies again are a custom finish gold plated with gold graphics, nitto carbon handlebars may be completely bespoke to this bike as not seen any like this elsewhere, nitto stem is a custom finish - but looks like other nitto stems so not totally bespoke, the seat looks custom, no date code or markings on the plasic shell, the gold name plates etc are a different shape to any others I've seen......but happy to be corrected.

Its an interesting bike for sure and very of its time.....the black gold combo is a winner.

IMG_20220705_112422.jpg

IMG_20220705_112624.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-07-19 at 13.10.08.png Screen Shot 2023-07-19 at 13.16.11.png
IMG_20220705_134207.jpg

SUGINO ELAN.png

sugino 75.png
MFP1.png

Last edited:
Back