Unusual Kona models or colours

Rightyho Mark,

Sándor sent me an e-mail with an attachment of the post shown above by Donald Burger, as he knows I don't do Facebook. He will probably try to get some more pictures of it - as well as try to dissuade Donald from adding a Disc Tab!

If anyone could obtain some better shots of it, then that would be useful. I only have four pictures in total, including the one shown above, which I saved back in 2018.

Pip
Let me know if you want me to email you some higher res pics of the 97 Kilauea SE

This is just a big chance for Pip to upload his hard-drive right? ;) 🙌

Are we drawing the line at custom frame/bike choices? I guess so otherwise we'll end up with a thread running to the hundreds. Glad the Una came up and I had that ready to post.

How about the Cioni special from 98/99?

What's wrong with hundreds of lovely Konas? o_O

Ah yes, what was I thinking over the Bank Holiday with not including that beauty - See link below:

Read here

Pip

Ah yes. Can't believe I spotted that and didn't take more pics! I knew it was something out of the ordinary but my knowledge isn't so good into the late 90's

Awesome thread! :cool: I've had several that didn't appear in the catalogues (mostly late year model, frame only options) and the little 1990 Lava Dome on page 2 which Pipmeister posted was mine too :p

This little Kilauea frame was ordered from Hibike in Germany . . . (judging by the paint job it was probably destined for the wraparound glow decals)
p5pb10847685.jpg

Had to be done ;) - Kona Mama BMX
p4pb10847686.jpg

Just given this little late Y2K Chute frame the Mama tlc and sold on eBay . . .
s-l1600.jpg

Late 98 Muni Mula available as frame only . . . died in an accident with a storm drain and was replaced with a lovely polished alu Roast with glow-in-the-dark decals which sadly I have no photos of :(
003_1998_Kona_Muni_Mula_-_RIP.jpg

1999 Lava Dome . . .
Kona Lava Dome 1999 24.03.14.jpg

And a much more modern 2006 Shred Prime SE imported from France . . .
Kona Shred Prime SE 24.09.16.jpg

Seen on Facebook today 945AEE43-A773-41C4-A23F-32E271FE2E5A.jpeg 6B9D40FE-CD58-4590-AD56-06EC683F4478.jpeg

Back