The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

Phone cameras have come a long way - great dynamic range and exposure latitude and the AI works excellent in low light as well - but they always look kind of ‘flat’ and clinical and lack any depth or feel - no matter how great the cameras they always look like phone camera shots

Phone cameras have come a long way - great dynamic range and exposure latitude and the AI works excellent in low light as well - but they always look kind of ‘flat’ and clinical and lack any depth or feel - no matter how great the cameras they always look like phone camera shots
I like the boat photos on the mud, where were these taken? Probably a long way from Dorset....!

Got to agree with that. Minolta did some great lenses (we have a few for our Sony DSLR) but the phone is just so convenient. If I could find a bridge camera that offered the same quality of photos as our ageing DSLR, I would be very tempted.

Amazing ! It is hard to capture and express views - Even on a big screen

Yes, though learnt a lesson many years ago with my mountain photography that it needs a foreground otherwise it can lose all perspective.

Latest posts

Back