Site Suggestions (and Issues) Thread

Could a minimum post count be introduced for The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" forum?

Always seems to be plenty of newbies joining to ask for a valuation, only never to be seen again - presumably gone off to flog their bike elsewhere if they get any guidance.
No one can message them until they've hit the minimum post count anyway, so even if they did want to engage someone, and understand that a PM or DM is actually a 'Conversation' here, they can't, so it feels to me that the right to use the xyz forum should be blocked until they've hit the minimum post count elsewhere, perhaps by directing them to the Introduce yourself thread?

Last edited:
Could a minimum post count be introduced for The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" forum?

Always seems to be plenty of newbies joining to ask for a valuation, only never to be seen again - presumably gone off to flog their bike elsewhere if they get any guidance.
No one can message them until they've hit the minimum post count anyway, so even if they did want to engage someone, and understand that a PM or DM is actually a 'Conversation' here, they can't, so it feels to me that the right to use the xyz forum should be blocked until they've hit the minimum post count elsewhere, perhaps by directing them to the Introduce yourself thread?
They would just post it elsewhere. So leave it open. It doesn't other me if they never come back.

Hi guys….I’ve been away for a while (best bike got stolen then got knocked off my spare)….have now returned but to a redesigned site that I can’t understand….how do I post in the wanted section ? More to the point where IS the wanted section ? Or the for sale section ? Please go easy on me, just trying to find my way back in

Hi guys….I’ve been away for a while (best bike got stolen then got knocked off my spare)….have now returned but to a redesigned site that I can’t understand….how do I post in the wanted section ? More to the point where IS the wanted section ? Or the for sale section ? Please go easy on me, just trying to find my way back in
Yeah it takes a bit of getting used to, I found my way around best on the PC first before even bothering with the mobile version which I think is poor at best.

If you click on the Forums tab at the top it takes you to all the forums.

Then either click on post thread or in the bar at top which takes you to same place.

Doh !! Thanks mk one - I was pressing the little triangle and only getting thread lists….indeed clicking on the word itself was what I needed to do….so am sorted….but if that was supposed to be intuitive then I just failed at the first hurdle 😅

All icons greyed out re bold, font, pictures etc….?

Only ‘attach files’ and ‘insert quotes’ below text box showing for me

Ok, I’d somehow accidentally pressed the square parentheses on the right…. 😳

All back to normal now 👍🏻

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.
Firstly, this is my husband's retro account, some of you know he died in 2014. I have popped in now and again with the odd question etc. The thng is I have decided to sell my road bike. I am permanently logged in here on my phone but I wanted to do the post on my laptop ... just tried logging in and can't remember the password, I am now blocked (on laptop because of too many attempts 🙄) the recovery email is my husband's... which has been deactivated due to not being used (obviously lol) so I am unable to ask for a password reset as it will go to a defunct email address. I don't want to make my own account on here as all the photos and specs etc are on Tony's (Laz) account. Anyone got any idea what I can do ?

Back