Site Suggestions (and Issues) Thread

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.
Firstly, this is my husband's retro account, some of you know he died in 2014. I have popped in now and again with the odd question etc. The thng is I have decided to sell my road bike. I am permanently logged in here on my phone but I wanted to do the post on my laptop ... just tried logging in and can't remember the password, I am now blocked (on laptop because of too many attempts 🙄) the recovery email is my husband's... which has been deactivated due to not being used (obviously lol) so I am unable to ask for a password reset as it will go to a defunct email address. I don't want to make my own account on here as all the photos and specs etc are on Tony's (Laz) account. Anyone got any idea what I can do ?

Drop me a PM or email and can sort this out for you.

Can someone explain what the + Quote icon is for the bottom of a post? When I hover over it, I get a pop-up saying "Toggle Multi Quote" and a message at the top of the page saying "Message added to multi-quote".

See attachment here:

RB Site features_1.jpg

Thank you.

Pip

Can someone explain what the + Quote icon is for the bottom of a post? When I hover over it, I get a pop-up saying "Toggle Multi Quote" and a message at the top of the page saying "Message added to multi-quote".

See attachment here:

View attachment 582556

Thank you.

Pip
You can use it to select parts of text and add that to 'this list of quotes'
Then when you reply or make a post you can click on "Insert quotes button under the text box (mobile) and select the quote.

Do note if you click it by accident at some point you end up with a great big list.

You can use it to select parts of text and add that to 'this list of quotes'
Then when you reply or make a post you can click on "Insert quotes button under the text box (mobile) and select the quote.

Do note if you click it by accident at some point you end up with a great big list
Okay cheers F.C., I think I understand, although I currently can't see how to select a particular quote from my accumulating list. I managed to dump all of the list of quoted posts into my next message, and then delete the ones that are not required. Maybe that explanation would be better with a screen shot.

Pip

Pip, you can’t select 1 quote out of a stack, you can insert a bunch into one post, or re-arrange them before posting (don’t know why you’d want to) or if you’ve got a bunch you don’t want to use, just “remove” then & insert the one you want.

Attachments

• 0A6FA04E-0922-482A-8335-B67C4B2617D5.jpeg
    0A6FA04E-0922-482A-8335-B67C4B2617D5.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 6BCD06A6-1A5C-4B13-8A35-9E7C7F263233.jpeg
    6BCD06A6-1A5C-4B13-8A35-9E7C7F263233.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 66001A33-B44C-45D4-A05C-582E93CCAC3D.jpeg
    66001A33-B44C-45D4-A05C-582E93CCAC3D.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 3
Thanks Peachy. I reckon I have got it now.

The first screen shot includes three random posts just for this explanation (Eddie King, Lazarus & F.C.) that I am about to add from my list of quotes:

RB Site features_2.jpg

..... and here they are inserted into my next post:

RB Site features_3.jpg

I assume that I would click on the Remove button in the first shot to leave the quotes that I need to insert. I'm not sure what the Re-arrange feature is though.

Edit: Oh I see that you can re-arrange the order of the individual quotes within the reply - like you say, why would you need that.

Pip

Last edited:
I’ve just come back to this forum after a while, I used it briefly on the old software and found it hard work, tbh this new software is also tough going. I use a few other forums, mostly car related, and none of them have software as counterintuitive or hard to use on a mobile as this one. This is partially as it is quite different to use to any other forum software as many of the replies on here seem to highlight.

Is there the possibility of the option of using Tapatalk to navigate? People have been trying to use it as it pops up on the forum searches, but it requires admin this end to make it discoverable.

Back