Retrolectric bike

He actually loves it but it does drive me a bit mad when he's merrily chatting up some heavy incline whilst im trying very hard to continue breathing and peddling without throwing up...

The setup is far from perfect but it works well enough to act as second car in our situation.

Ah, of course/ I’ll get my coat.
Well, I like it even more now. Thought it was the A78, but the VU meters seemed odd. Makes sense now

Last edited:
Ah, of course.Well, I like it even more now. Thought it was the A78, but the VU meters seemed odd. Makes sense now
Its part of my Revox mountain, I've got a few of them.

Anyway back to the bike. I did take a couple of photo's when I was putting it together as there were a couple of issues which meant it wasn't simply fir and forget.

Firstly the bottom bracket sensor on my kit is designed to lock into a normal splined drive BB cup so my Campagnolo one had to go.
IMG_20220520_181043_470.jpg

And the bigger problem which may be specific to these kits with a controller built into the battery was the unit is too long to fit using the bikes original bottle cage fittings, the bottom hole of the battery mount fits using the top bottle cage which means you are at least one mounting short. I took the opportunity and added two more mounting using rivnuts so my battery unit now has 3 fixings.

IMG_20220520_181038_397.jpg

Its part of my Revox mountain, I've got a few of them.

Anyway back to the bike. I did take a couple of photo's when I was putting it together as there were a couple of issues which meant it wasn't simply fir and forget.

Firstly the bottom bracket sensor on my kit is designed to lock into a normal splined drive BB cup so my Campagnolo one had to go.
View attachment 629769

And the bigger problem which may be specific to these kits with a controller built into the battery was the unit is too long to fit using the bikes original bottle cage fittings, the bottom hole of the battery mount fits using the top bottle cage which means you are at least one mounting short. I took the opportunity and added two more mounting using rivnuts so my battery unit now has 3 fixings.

View attachment 629771
So you've got a fixing up by the hole that the lock goes into? I found on my set up that was the weak link....once that pops out the hole....offski!
Not nice seeing £800 battery taking a tumble 🤔

He actually loves it but it does drive me a bit mad when he's merrily chatting up some heavy incline whilst im trying very hard to continue breathing and peddling without throwing up...

The setup is far from perfect but it works well enough to act as second car in our situation.
Mine ment I could go car free! Still got a work van but that's getting the chop soon....can't wait!

So you've got a fixing up by the hole that the lock goes into? I found on my set up that was the weak link....once that pops out the hole....offski!
Not nice seeing £800 battery taking a tumble 🤔
Mines now got 3 fixings in it so I'm hoping that makes everything a bit more rigid.

My 3 wheel drive flying gate rural commuter is doing great by me. Swytch kit.
I hope you are aware that your rear passenger is just that. They arent pedaling :LOL: Every time one of these passes, the kid on the back isnt doing their bit.

Back