Raleigh Dynaflite SBDU 753.... 'Manager Special'

That looks great, liking the classic paint and the bars remind me of my old 'Tracker' from the seventies with its cowhorn bars. I see you have Weinmann concave rims, what tyres are you running..? wired or folding..? tyre pressure..?
Thank you! I think it turned out well.
Currently running wire bead Gatorskins, as it’s all I had in the stash in 27 1 1/4. 75-80psi with no drama. I am planning on fitting something nicer but cannot really find anything I like in the correct size...

Last edited:
I like that you're putting your own touch on it, that bike needs to be out in the light and ridden, it's been stood idld far too long. Great thread.

Not sure I like those gear ratios.
If you have a 69 direct, a third off is 46" bottom and half on is about a 100" top.
For me, I'd like a lower bottom gear and don't need that high a top gear

Not sure I like those gear ratios.
If you have a 69 direct, a third off is 46" bottom and half on is about a 100" top.
For me, I'd like a lower bottom gear and don't need that high a top gear
Like it or not these gear ratios were chosen by GOD and I'm not gonna argue with the creator...👍 Screenshot_20211214-104327~2.png

Last edited:

Just seen this and thought it a similar bike for a Raleigh director....bargain for someone.

Cheers James

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
He hasn't got to ride the bugger
Maybe ilkeston is flat, although it's in close proximity to the southern peak district
Similar top and bottom gear ratio to a 52x42 14-24 setup.....100inch top and 47inc bottom gear... the only mountain I've got between home and the Flowerpots pub & brewery at Cheriton is the Wall they call Whites Hill at Owslebury near Winchester...😤 When the going gets tough I push it...😂

Back