Raleigh Dynaflite SBDU 753.... 'Manager Special'

@vcballbat what is the name of that handlebar? I don't remember it mentioned in the thread. I assume it is a Raleigh?
The stem is Raleigh branded by Sturmey Archer so I'm guessing that the bars are by Sturmey Archer a it was part of Ti Raleigh Industries. They're 22 inches (560mm) wide and have a similar profile to the GB All-Rounder bar. Like the GB bars there's probably a marking under the grips which unfortunately I can't remove without destroying them 👍

IMG_20230422_092235_HDR.jpg IMG_20230422_092308_HDR.jpg IMG_20230422_092335_HDR.jpg Screenshot_20230503-112454.png

Wish I'd have known you were going - I'd have bought my managers RRA down for a meet as I'm only ½ an hour away!
Since this pic was taken I've refitted the original 3ttt stem and changed the tyres for a pair of Schwalbe puncture protection jobbies. I've saved the original AVA sprint rims and hope to pick up the dropped bars and levers from the family member that I purchased the bike from.

A couple of weeks ago I went to the Nottingham Archives and registered with them so I can now access the Raleigh archive materials that they hold, they showed me their Raleigh Index and it's two volumes of listed documents (there looks to be some information on appointment of Directors that may prove interesting), the full employee listings cannot be released for a couple of decades yet due to data protection. Raleigh Director Anthony Crumps 1973 RRA.jpg .

Back