Raleigh Dyna-Tech Pro

Oh and one thing I was going to ask anyone who might know...

The 2070 sticker has a serial number on it - but it doesn't match the frame number. Should it? šŸ¤”šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Oh and one thing I was going to ask anyone who might know...

The 2070 sticker has a serial number on it - but it doesn't match the frame number. Should it? šŸ¤”šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
The 2070 sticker serial number doesn't match the frame number.
The frame number should read something like B 0XXXX
If you removed the sticker, you void the warranty!
1000012577.jpg

For anyone missing the sticker on theirs, Gil_M can make you one up with your Serial number. It's not foil backed like the original but looks the part if you've had to respray your frame. I did this with Endeavour #2 - restoration pics in my Signature
1000002816.jpg

Cheers all.
boy"O"boy

Last edited:
Minor alteration today;

- 27mm XC Pro post installed in place of the 26.8mm Iā€™d installed temporarily. Had to twist the post in though so not sure how pretty itā€™ll be when removed. Has been well greased to prevent it getting stuck.

- 1991 Turbo saddle installed in place of the ā€˜92 Flite.

Just waiting for new batteries in my scales to get this weighed now.

IMG_5936.jpeg

My first Raleighā€¦..was a BMX Burner. There may have been a Grifter and/or a Chopper in the household but my memory of that is blurry at best.
My last Raleighā€¦..was a Winner - in junior size.

That is until now šŸ˜

With next to no knowledge of the Raleigh MTB product range other than the pale pink Mustang my mate had, and seeing what the pro team were riding in the early 90ā€™s - those blue and yellow jobbies, Iā€™ve never dabbled in Raleigh MTB ownership.

An opportunity arose recently to acquire ā€œA Raleigh Dyna-Techā€, which was followed by a fuzzy non-drive side photo :rolleyes: of what appeared to me to be something of interest, and with the expert help of @Markybeau and @boy"O"boy I was confident that what I was looking at was a 1990/91 Dyna-Tech Pro, so a purchase was made :cool:

View attachment 804891

Doesnā€™t look too bad in the pictures, but I think itā€™s come to me just in time really as it clearly hasnā€™t seen a workshop in a long time.

Simple plan with this one will be to strip it right down, clean it as best I can, rebuild it, and enjoy it for a while before deciding if it has a permanent/long term place in my collection. Iā€™ve got to say that Iā€™m a fan of many bikes of this age - around the 1990 mark, so it stands a good chance of being a keeper.

The suggestion that the frame is the same as the Endeavour of the same vintage appears accurate from a few of the key details:
View attachment 804896

View attachment 804897

The specification is certainly not the Suntour XC Pro that it should have, but thereā€™s evidence it may have been as the BB is a Suntour item.

At least it has the correct headset - albeit not yet undoneā€¦
View attachment 804899

For now it is just a frameset and a box of bits, but with a little luck and a smidge of time I should have this one up and running pretty quickly šŸ‘
This is so wonderful to see, I have the same frame and prepared to move it on but it has the sloping top tube and came from the ralaigh mountain bike team directly. Really good to see

Back