1992 Raleigh Dyna-Tech MT4

You can get Dyna tech embossed seatposts but they are v.hard to find in good condition.

Attachments

• IMG_4396.jpeg
    IMG_4396.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 13
Seatpost size test to end any speculation. Working on the basis that it could be anywhere between 26.8 and 26.4 I assembled three to try for size;
26.8mm XT post
26.6mm Kalloy post
26.4mm Post Moderne post

IMG_6431.jpeg

It’s worth noting that there is clear ‘step’ at the very top of the seat tube where the lug(?) wraps the the titanium tube - and this gives false hope that a larger seatpost is going to fit.

IMG_6432.jpeg

First up, the 26.8mm Deore XT post; enters the lug without issue - but that’s as far as it goes;
IMG_6434.jpeg

Second up, the 26.6mm Kalloy post; again no problem entering the lug but stops at the Ti tube;
IMG_6435.jpeg

Third up; the 26.4mm Post Moderne post; it’s a snug fit but it’s the only of the three to enter the Ti tube;
IMG_6436.jpeg

So that’s confirmation that the MT4 does indeed require a 26.4mm post 👍

Also confirmation I won’t be installing an XT post on this build as the smallest diameter that came in was 26.6mm.

Ah good to know. My frame came with the post I use - a shimmed USE Shokpost. I was measuring the shim. Probably not the most accurate method, but still a reading bigger than it should be...

Ah good to know. My frame came with the post I use - a shimmed USE Shokpost. I was measuring the shim. Probably not the most accurate method, but still a reading bigger than it should be...
This also came to me with a shimmed USE post and that was also a snug fit!

Back