Mountain Goat Deluxe restauration...

Re:

so now was the time to send the frame and the other parts to the painter who already did my wtr goat
Gerrit from cycleart berlin

this was in a better condition but not good anyway, he also painted the stem and the fork to match:

after a year waiting, he had some hard times and wasn´t able to work the way he wanted so i knew it would take some time, i got these pictures:

and then i got an message to call him back, and that souds not good. and i was right.

i got another picture that really f...ed me up:
and that was why....

so i had to contact a nice framebuilder i knew and who always helped me:georg from Gebla Frameworks
the frame is on the way to him and we will see what he will say and can do for me and my frame.

but gerrit was hard working and did a great job. he wanted to paint the frame anyway ant taped the bb area.

have a look:

i like it alot, and like i said this will not be a perfect and clean paintjob but a rescue and this is on the best way to be a very beatiful bike again, but letts wit what the doc will say.
so long
cheers kay

Re: MG Deluxe restauration...

Such a pity but if the seat tube needs replacing its definately worth it!
Are you going with black or silver compo ?

Re:

i hope that he did not have to replace the whole seattube but the last few inches to the bb shell.
my plan is to use mostly silver parts with some bist of black...
Parts are already complete and waiting for the frame to arrive.
thanks
Kay

Re:

I got some news from Georg who already made the first steps and he sended me some pictures.
as i had hoped he seems to replace only a part of the seattube.

now i have to wait till he will contact me again.
stay tuned.
cheers kay

Re:

Georg did the next steps and voila, we have a new seattube.

I´m very glad that the frame was repairable, so i guess that should be a nice bike in a few month.
Afterthe frame is fully done by Geor, the frame is wil be sent back to Gerrit to fix the Paintjob....again!.
Unfortunatly the Air Art decal on the left chainstay got burned. I hope i can find a nice airbrush guy who will fix that as well.

cheers kay

Re:

Why in Hades did your painter insist on painting the frame after discovering the corrosion issue?More to the point,after this monumental screw up on his part,surely he wont charge you for the repaint.How can a pro painter shoot paint on a frame that he knows is structurally unsound and needs to be cut up and rebrazed?Seriously,thats deeply beyond absurd.... :shock:

Re: MG Deluxe restauration...

Hi

it´s funny these are the exact words of Georg when i asked him for his help with the fixing of the frame.
I don´t know why Gerrit paints the frame anyway. Maybe because the paint was already mixed up and he wanted to have the frame done and go on with the other work he had to do? But as you can see on one of the pics, Gerrit was wrapping the seattube in the down section.

Maybe he dind´t know what would be the exact amount of Georgs work. And it seems to be easy for him just to fix the paint in the bb section. I dont know.
Georg said usually he wouldn´t do the job because of the freshly painted frame and just made an exception for me.
Lucky me.

thanks for your comment
all the best
kay

Re:

moving on...

here re the latest pics of Georgs excelennt work.

he had to rebraze a new bottlecagethread on the frame because the frame was cut between those both.

then i asked him if he could create a internal seatclamp for me. and he did,...

Georg did a very nice job on this and i´m happy that the frame is now nearly healthy

the Frame is now done and on its way back to Gerrit.
I cant wait to see what happend next.

Re:

That is going to be great when it's finished Kay :cool:

Back