1989 Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer bike thread

I honestly don’t know. The hite rite look never really did it for me.
Seems like quite a chunky lug if it’s for a race number (not that I can remember MTB’s ever having race numbers here?) and there’s no rack eyelets on the rest of the bike so perhaps could be a Hite-Rite specific lug? Hopefully a more informed Goatie expert can enlighten you?

hite rite lug for sure. very nice bike. :cool:

for such a desirable, high end, hand built bike builder i am surprised they didn't incorporate
some sort of cable routing in/on the stem. internal, a noodle, anything. have to have one of those
ugly add on hangers on the headset. epic fail imho.

hite rite lug for sure. very nice bike. :cool:

for such a desirable, high end, hand built bike builder i am surprised they didn't incorporate
some sort of cable routing in/on the stem. internal, a noodle, anything. have to have one of those
ugly add on hangers on the headset. epic fail imho.

Got to agree with you there Roy. ICR, roller etc is far more pleasing to my eyes

The only hanger I don’t mind is the Campagnolo Euclid one which is a complete beast! Doesn’t look/feel like a flimsy hanger, but also almost doubles the stack height on the headset...

This bike’s paint is really hard to take pictures of and now that the winter is here I’m limited on my options. Since this MG is entered in the BOTM I thought I’d try to get some additional pics up to try and show what it really looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpeg
    IMG_0351.jpeg
    501.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0350.jpeg
    IMG_0350.jpeg
    723.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0349.jpeg
    IMG_0349.jpeg
    494.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6438.jpeg
    IMG_6438.jpeg