1989 Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer bike thread

racecarjohnny

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
I stumbled across this Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer for sale ad on craigslist a couple months back. I took a chance on it as it was not only very inexpensive shipped, a Mountain goat in California and I’ve never seen that paint job before. The story goes It was donated to a nonprofit bike shop in downtown San Francisco. It hung in the rafters for 30+ years an employee recently brought it down and listed it on craigslist. The top side of the paint shows a little fading, but it actually works with the paint job. Other than that it was clearly purchased by a wealthy person, and never ridden. I believe it’s a 1989 with the painted on Mountain goat head badge. I cleaned it up, put on some reproduction smokes, new chain, long cage derailuer, avocet racing saddle nitro seatpost, bars,grips, a couple Yueh cages and also tightened the rear hub. Pretty easy stuff and it’s an awesome rider right now in my size. Thought you all would appreciate a few pics IMG_5714.jpeg IMG_5756.jpeg IMG_5855.jpeg IMG_5861.jpeg IMG_5867.jpeg IMG_5868.jpeg IMG_5872.jpeg IMG_5876.jpeg

Last edited:
Love that smoke paint. Definitely needs a Hite-Rite

Latest posts

Back