Wanted Late 80s/early 90s Stumpjumper 19-20"

N_Spaar

Dirt Disciple
On the lookout for a late 80s or early 90s Specialized Stumpjumper frame, with effective top tube roughly 22 - 23.5".
Paint can be in bad condition, I'll be turning it into a bikepacking bike so it won't be hanging on the wall, but will get loved & used...
Ideally 1" steerer.
Ideally it would also have rack braze-ons, but not sure how many of the Stumpies had that.
Ideally also in Germany/The Netherlands, or South-east England.

Other suggestions for Prestige tubing frames or similar, with 1" steerer, much appreciated!

Thanks!

Nico

Hello Nico, I might be able to offer you my 19” Stumpjumper Team framset - f&f 1”.

Rresprayed in 1993 red by Argos cycles with S-Work decals + additional crud guard mounts added.

If of interest will post images to show condition + a price + postage.

Let me know…

Hello Nico, I might be able to offer you my 19” Stumpjumper Team framset - f&f 1”.

Rresprayed in 1993 red by Argos cycles with S-Work decals + additional crud guard mounts added.

If of interest will post images to show condition + a price + postage.

Let me know…
Hi Tangent, that's definitely of interest! Would be great to see some images. I'm not sure I understood correctly though, which year is it from?

Hi Tangent, that's definitely of interest! Would be great to see some images. I'm not sure I understood correctly though, which year is it from?
Hello Nico,

The model year =
‘Stumpjumper Team’ 1991 (metalluc dark purple full suntour xc pro)

I had it repainted in ferrari red in 1993 ready for that years Malvern Classic.

Am moving a bit slowy due to collar bone (bike crash) injury but will take some detailed images to show condition , sizing, and post a price over next few days.

Any further Qs feel free to ask - will do my best to answer.

😎

Hello Tangent,

Thanks for getting back to me with the info. No rush with the photos, hope your collar bone's not giving you too much jip.

Could you give me a rough idea of max tyre width at the rear?

Hello Tangent,

Thanks for getting back to me with the info. No rush with the photos, hope your collar bone's not giving you too much jip.

Could you give me a rough idea of max tyre width at the rear?
Hello Nico, frameset is still out of reach in loft…however will be able offer some insight into general appearance and tyre clearance by looking at some old retro (analoge) photographs… will take trip down memory lane tomorrow and post a few on here - will be a nice comfy thing to whilst collar bone heals up - thanks again for kind words😎

15/03 updated: have accessed Specialized frameset and collected some detailed imagery showing condition + answering your question about braze-ons for mudguards / or carriers (some additional temp fixings would be needed + which I did fine on rear). Follow link to Flick album below

Specialized Stumpjumper Team 1991 (19") - resprayed 1993 S-Works Team colours by Argos Cycles

Price: £294 posted (within UK)
including: Shimano Ultegra 600 h'set ( super smooth)
Shimano UN72 BB (super smooth)
Crud Catcher - had braze on's added by Argos in 1993 at time of respray

7A0DBDBD-D241-4E0B-8DB0-61AF0D680C45.jpeg 317C22BF-C73F-4C1C-84A6-D0F54B08F469.jpeg C3978ECD-4280-464C-8983-E5DB6008F0DD.jpeg 9F8691FB-3C18-4E20-BBE7-02372B0BCA15.jpeg

Last edited:
Back