Kona Kilauea 1997

Dave I was thinking, it's a Kona. It's got loads of XT. You just can't go wrong😁
"Nail, hit and head" come to mind Rob!
Once this finished (only so slow because my back limits time I can work with it on the floor!) I'll have a rigid, hard tail and full bouncer. All 3 stand me at 700 quid, what could I buy new for that?!

About done, just some cabling to finish. Using black generic gear and brake for now, but think a bit of colour..... dark blue maybe? Or deep yellow (if such exists)?
And new tyres. Was going to use Schwalbe Revolution 26 x 2, but a close fit at rear and I don't want to rub the stays. x1.75 semi slicks, not too heavy - any suggestions?

I like the repro Smoke and Dart, there are possibly better now though? I always use black outers, though I am well known for being a boring t**t. Ask my wife, in fact don't...

I like the repro Smoke and Dart, there are possibly better now though? I always use black outers, though I am well known for being a boring t**t. Ask my wife, in fact don't...
Use will be tarmac, lanes, bridleways, tow paths, not proper off-road - I am no longer strong enough!
You? Boring, nah, you forget how long we have known each other!

Back