Kona Kilauea 1997

737 is my favourite groupset for riding, though if the rest is 739 then you may as well go that route, though for a second time, Kona never liked matched components :)

btw, you can get a 5 bolt spider for the 739 crank ;) :)
Any idea where? I know these exist but not sure if they're available these days...?

The frame looks in great shape. I've noticed the lacquer can sometimes go a bit a funny and flaky, and that makes the blue lose it's lustre. Yours is in tip-top condition. I loved the look of mine, the ride didn't quite do it for me, but it's a very good bike nevertheless.

Looking good. Its a personal choice, but I've never liked 4 arm chainsets - so I'd go 5 all the way.

What period were the Curve ones as OE? They're quite funky.

Looking good. Its a personal choice, but I've never liked 4 arm chainsets - so I'd go 5 all the way.

What period were the Curve ones as OE? They're quite funky.
I'm starting to think the 739 spider and arms look a bit chunky for such a slender frame.
The Curves I don't know.

On a '96 - not mine, just robbed from the web. I think they look pretty good. But it's a matter of personal choice. I've had the cantis but they were a right faff to set up.

1657639898690.png

Any idea where? I know these exist but not sure if they're available these days...?

You could maybe try a wanted ad on here, someone may have one knocking about not doing anything :)

Back