"JMC" Grey Prolong 'S' Ti saddle restoration/renovation

Just a heads up Joe, I donā€™t know how much the cromo versions are worth, but I must admit Iā€™m leaning towards leaving the good one intact and restoring it to almost NOS levels and using the slight rougher one for the Ti renovation.
Donā€™t worry about the graphics, theyā€™ll got sorted.
Worse case scenario youā€™d end up with an excellent cromo and a f**ked Ti
If we stick to our original plan worse case would be a very good cromo and a f**ked Ti.

Youā€™ve got till this evening to decide. šŸ˜

As @Joe*Pro said, I'm watching šŸ‘€
Brave work indeed @Peachy! so I'm keen to see how you get on.

Would also love to see/know if you could apply the clean up magic to perforated versions too!?
I don't have a spare to sacrifice, but I'd like at least my standard perf pro-long to look nicer as it's on a mint '94 Stumpjumper.
My (scruffier) '94 Ti Pro-long is attached to my FSR which is riding the eBay wave as we speak.

Just a heads up Joe, I donā€™t know how much the cromo versions are worth, but I must admit Iā€™m leaning towards leaving the good one intact and restoring it to almost NOS levels and using the slight rougher one for the Ti renovation.
Donā€™t worry about the graphics, theyā€™ll got sorted.
Worse case scenario youā€™d end up with an excellent cromo and a f**ked Ti
If we stick to our original plan worse case would be a very good cromo and a f**ked Ti.

Youā€™ve got till this evening to decide. šŸ˜
Whatā€™s the thinking/worry/risks?

If it helps: I donā€™t need/want a NOS cromo version. But a mint condition Ti one iā€™d loose a finger for. (Just not the brake finger!!!)

At present itā€™s riden every wknd, but longer term will be ridden once a month or so on rotation with the others. So it just needs to be good enough/tough enough to endure that. Iā€™m not a hard on the arse rider but do wiggle about a bit to stabilise the wheelies, which are frequent!!

I donā€™t mind if you trash 2 cromo to make 1 good Ti. Anything after that is a bonus.

Whatā€™s the thinking/worry/risks?

If it helps: I donā€™t need/want a NOS cromo version. But a mint condition Ti one iā€™d loose a finger for. (Just not the brake finger!!!)

At present itā€™s riden every wknd, but longer term will be ridden once a month or so on rotation with the others. So it just needs to be good enough/tough enough to endure that. Iā€™m not a hard on the arse rider but do wiggle about a bit to stabilise the wheelies, which are frequent!!

I donā€™t mind if you trash 2 cromo to make 1 good Ti. Anything after that is a bonus.
Ok, Ti is the main focus then.

Maybe peel off the Ti one first as itā€™s the worst leather, see how well it comes off and stays together (a practice session before peeling off the mint leather) then offer it up for the overlap size on the other shape cromo just to check.

Then go for it, youā€™ll be world champion if you pull it off, a mint Ti saddle.

Itā€™s like handing you 3 pieces of coal šŸ§± and getting 1 diamond back. šŸ’Ž

Last edited:
As @Joe*Pro said, I'm watching šŸ‘€
Brave work indeed @Peachy! so I'm keen to see how you get on.

Would also love to see/know if you could apply the clean up magic to perforated versions too!?
I don't have a spare to sacrifice, but I'd like at least my standard perf pro-long to look nicer as it's on a mint '94 Stumpjumper.
My (scruffier) '94 Ti Pro-long is attached to my FSR which is riding the eBay wave as we speak.
I thought yours had ā€˜value increasing patinaā€™ on it, although peachy seems to of phrased that as 30 years of arse rub šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

Now jf we can just come up with a plan the straighten and restore a misshapen Ti, I'll be over the flippin moon!!

Watching this thread eagerly šŸ¤—šŸ¤—

Now that I've seen the possibility of swapping the skins on these saddles, if you decide to sell that there Pro-long separately, give me a shout as I'll definitely be interested šŸ˜‰šŸ˜Š

Latest posts

Back