"JMC" Grey Prolong 'S' Ti saddle restoration/renovation

@Joe*Pro I can’t remember ever having watched a snooker match in my life, so sorry bud I have absolutely no idea wtf you’re talking about! 🤣

@FluffyChicken same goes for you. Have you been hanging around with @The History Man ?

Anyway back to the saddles.
Although the larger cromo skin makes this swap possible, it does have one issue with regards to logo placement. Namely the “Designed in California” logos are further apart on the cromo than on the Ti and also the side profile of the Ti is a lot slimmer so the red “S” sits right on the bottom edge rather than 5mm above.
(Ps, just mocked up, not glued)

114C8BA8-1FE8-4511-918D-1EDE76F43806.jpeg 95843D29-4138-4332-ACA7-280ED9C6695A.jpeg 2EC947AF-5634-4416-BFAF-AD1EE7BA7651.jpeg

@Joe*Pro I can’t remember ever having watched a snooker match in my life, so sorry bud I have absolutely no idea wtf you’re talking about! 🤣

@FluffyChicken same goes for you. Have you been hanging around with @The History Man ?

Anyway back to the saddles.
Although the larger cromo skin makes this swap possible, it does have one issue with regards to logo placement. Namely the “Designed in California” logos are further apart on the cromo than on the Ti and also the side profile of the Ti is a lot slimmer so the red “S” sits right on the bottom edge rather than 5mm above.
(Ps, just mocked up, not glued)

View attachment 643778View attachment 643779View attachment 643780
Ok new analogy: We all preferred watching Geraint Thomas go for glory than to Chris Froome. Or Paul Gascoigne compared to Gary Lineker.… I’ll keep trying maybe ! What’s your other hobby or choice-forte ?

So is that how they align after the swap over offer up ? I can see what your saying but they look very very close to me. It’s a handy micro detail for us all to spot an original Ti leather in future if we are ever buying one and the logo looks a few mm closer to the edge we will know it’s a ‘Peachy offspring‘ and thus we will be willing to pay a bit more as a 1 of 1 limited restoration from a famous English craftsman, versus the hundreds done by some randome bloke in an Italian factory who was half awake in the mid 90s. 🤣

I think it looks amazing still and well within the grounds of acceptable alignment. I prefer that than building up a fake base or adding sponge filler changing the shape/size/profile to get the logo to align exactly.

what do others think ?

out of interest, have you measured the logo difference across the top of the bridge to see exactly how many mm further apart they are ?

and am I right the cromos were both size large and the Ti size small in the production stamps ? (Or does L & S mean something different?)

and you think it’s def profile as opposed to squashed sponge wear.

Last edited:
They’re about 10mm further apart on the cromo than on the Ti.
Currently cleaning the old glue off and will have a go at the sticking down tomorrow, but before you get too excited, I’ve got a feeling it’s gonna be a bit baggy in places as it’s a subtly different shape and much smaller. 😕

8CF15C1E-E8C2-4A4E-B3D9-34053286FA44.jpeg E26AE397-01A1-43E0-A738-E071E59A2D8C.jpeg 2C35C354-B90C-4D26-A7E3-6008F8A627AF.jpeg

They’re about 10mm further apart on the cromo than on the Ti.
Currently cleaning the old glue off and will have a go at the sticking down tomorrow, but before you get too excited, I’ve got a feeling it’s gonna be a bit baggy in places as it’s a subtly different shape and much smaller. 😕

View attachment 643833View attachment 643834View attachment 643835
Don’t worry, it’s already gone much much better than I envisaged. The fact you haven’t torn the leather at all or peeled up a load of foam is great work. We are all very impressed. Whatever you achieve will be a significant improvement and it is an experiment worth doing for the benefit of everyone.

it’s only a few old saddles after all, despite the fact we cherish them generally.

if you think it’s to far out I don’t mind if you feel it better to put them back as were and spruce up, but we have come this far got to be worth trying to push on, it was never going to be easy or plain sailing its just a case of which challenges and tweaks and how to best conquer them.

Last edited:
Back