Is this safe?!

I had a Raleigh frame in the 90’s that detached in exactly the same place. Foolishly i carried on riding it but I was young and skint!
Not sure what model it was but it was a purple colour if my memory serves me well?
This was also the bike that I once ridden without a seat post (can’t remember why) but whilst riding I’d forgot and went to sit down and duly had my plums sucked in by the back tyre under the straddle cable 🍒 🩹

This was also the bike that I once ridden without a seat post (can’t remember why) but whilst riding I’d forgot and went to sit down and duly had my plums sucked in by the back tyre under the straddle cable 🍒 🩹
And people wonder why we end up with “Lawyer Lips” on fork dropouts. 😮

As im too lazy to read the entire thread, i will consider that someone has said that a welder will have that fixed in a jiffy. Or you could buy a cheap welder and do it yourself- though you mentioned you were into cars, so owning one of those would be very handy and save you money in the long run, and if not then its a good 'boys toy' to own

Even a simple 'tack' weld is really strong, and i mean really really strong. And while it might not look nice, a quick spray off the rattle can, will have it looking reasonable in minutes.

Safety on a bike is more important when it is the front end. I have seen bikes , wheels, stays fall to bits during races and the rider was fine. The only thing any cyclist needs to know is if the front end goes, its pain time.

Last edited:
Back