Is the 1998 onwards section aimed at MTB only?

Imlach

98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
So, I'm very keen on the idea of the BOTM returning in the 98 section, as many of my bikes, even the ones that are retro adjacent do belong in the 98 section. I think it's a great way to breathe life into the section to have the BOTM return, and I'm happy to see it's already up for entries.

My big question is, is it strictly MTB? As road/hybrid/small wheels etc doesn't have a modern botm, shouldn't they be able to enter the 98 BOTM? Provided the bike is from 98 onwards. Also where do we stand on electric bikes and electric conversions? In my view, in order to keep the 98 botm alive, it would make sense to allow pretty much anything provided it's post 98, to widen the scope so to speak, but I was wondering whether there's any set rules?

Last edited:
And I suppose if it is open to everything, that'd be a great way to also gauge what sort of stuff people have when it comes to 98 onwards bikes, and it'd allow us better to come up with themes for special months

I would imagine they would go in the 2000--> Road Bikes section, something to ask @Jamiedyer about possibly?

I would imagine they would go in the 2000--> Road Bikes section, something to ask @Jamiedyer about possibly?
Yeah, I understand that but was referring more directly towards the idea of 98 BOTM returning, as I don't think there's a modern road BOTM. I also have 2 minivelo projects, one finished, and I do wonder where that'd belong. I'd be inclined to put them in post 98 as they are but if the post 98 section is primarily mtb it makes little sense. I also ask as this section specifically leaves out MTB I'm the "Bike Chat" section, so I wasn't really aware that it was primarily aimed at mtb.

geez, here is a link to the BOTM rules, and also a quote of rule 2, some interesting other rules too.

2. Please enter your bicycle in the correct BoTM, i.e. no mtbs in rBoTM and vice versa.

But I'll assume that don't take it too seriously is the overall ethos of that page and I'll assume there's zero objection to a hybrid 700c or something like that.

Yes I've read that multiple times but it doesn't answer any of my points

Your question of whether you can enter a road bike in BOTM is not answered by the rule that states "no mtbs in rBOTM and vice versa"?

Back