Identify my seatpost & help please!

I'm only going to be a bit helpful, and then not much. I don't think it's USE. They have a rubber concertina, a smooth collar (this one is far chunkier and knurled), and as you say, USE used little bobbly elastomers. I'll have a think....one possibility is an early ZOOM copy of USE.

Last edited:
The top part is USE, the elastomer could have been replaced for a straight spring.

I don't k ow much about them and half of it always seem to have bellows covering it.

I have NOS USE post here - which does have the knurled collar, also have another which doesn’t, so probably just a design change.
I’d agree that the spring is non-standard though, pretty sure the ones I have only have the elastomers.
Did you dismantle it? I.e. are you sure it’s supposed to go in there?

Attachments

• 7421F053-ADB1-41C9-A723-A065A006BF3C.jpeg
    7421F053-ADB1-41C9-A723-A065A006BF3C.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 8
Hmm a t that diameter maybe USE after all, if once a hero has one with a knurled collar - so the spring may indeed be after market.

I have NOS USE post here - which does have the knurled collar, also have another which doesn’t, so probably just a design change.
I’d agree that the spring is non-standard though, pretty sure the ones I have only have the elastomers.
Did you dismantle it? I.e. are you sure it’s supposed to go in there?
I took it apart and the spring came out pretty easy. I just can’t get it back in past the lip (1/2 way down to tube) so that I can re fit the cap! The spring sticks out approx 3cm 🤦‍♂️

Back