Help me not get financially ruined

I reckon if the "bike bits swap option" is on, with some luck the best place would be a Lidl car park.

Buy the tools, including the bike stand, some fresh baked savoury products, some wine and enjoy it.

When you're done, cheekily return the tools and bike stand back for a refund saying they are vvank.

Last edited:
Seriously though....

So it's a £500 bike
Postage is £150 including insurance right?
Total consignment value then £650 converted with whatever exchange rate to €

How much € will the Danish customs fees, VAT and Danish post charge then for the consignment to arrive at your door?

For sure this is going to rack up; it would be good to have a case example with real numbers for reference.

Seriously though....

So it's a £500 bike
Postage is £150 including insurance right?
Total consignment value then £650 converted with whatever exchange rate to €

How much € will the Danish customs fees, VAT and Danish post charge then for the consignment to arrive at your door?

For sure this is going to rack up; it would be good to have a case example with real numbers for reference.
500 to the seller, yes.

I arranged shipping which amounted to 150 with insurance for the full amount of the bike. Insurance was about 10 quid.

Then I'll be hit with 25% VAT and 14% Customs/Tax alongside a flat 20 euro handling fee from the nutters who have to look at a document, give it the good firm nod of approval and then retire at home next to their swimming pool.

nqCY0yV.png

So the total would be 926 GBP. Shoot me. But it's done!

500 to the seller, yes.

I arranged shipping which amounted to 150 with insurance for the full amount of the bike. Insurance was about 10 quid.

Then I'll be hit with 25% VAT and 14% Customs/Tax alongside a flat 20 euro handling fee from the nutters who have to look at a document, give it the good firm nod of approval and then retire at home next to their swimming pool.

So the total would be 926 GBP. Shoot me. But it's done!

Oh duh, entirely forgot the Danish Kronar.....can't be excused since I was there a few years ago.

Jeeesus. On a £500 bike an extra £426 to get it to your front door.

FFS that is mad - understand the reason to bleach the mind and this post! There must be a solid business case for
smuggling *COUGH* avoidance and spending the money on a mini-holiday if time allows.

Oh duh, entirely forgot the Danish Kronar.....can't be excused since I was there a few years ago.

Jeeesus. On a £500 bike an extra £426 to get it to your front door.

FFS that is mad - understand the reason to bleach the mind and this post! There must be a solid business case for
smuggling *COUGH* avoidance and spending the money on a mini-holiday if time allows.
It's absurd. Wouldn't mind the shipping fee if it wasn't for the fact that I'm going to be utterly molested by import fees. Surreal and a bit down about it, but ultimately wanted it so well.. Last bike I'm buying in a long time! :D

Cheering myself up by buying cheap bike bits from Aliexpress

T'was a shock to the system that day.. we live in quite a young and fashionable neighbourhood, like a cooler version of the Westminster bubble where i thought that the rest of the country was of a similar mindset to myself.. alas, on the day of voting i drove across the width of the country to collect some furniture and counted one remain banner compared to the countless leave.. it dawned on me that we were completely fuct long before i got to the polling station..

Are we all talking bolloctics now?
Bike smugglin and parts runnin....that's more fun!
So I'm thinking.....
3 bike carrier on the back of a car.....
Bikes get nicked on hols
Voila.✌️

Back