Help me not get financially ruined

T'was a shock to the system that day.. we live in quite a young and fashionable neighbourhood, like a cooler version of the Westminster bubble where i thought that the rest of the country was of a similar mindset to myself.. alas, on the day of voting i drove across the width of the country to collect some furniture and counted one remain banner compared to the countless leave.. it dawned on me that we were completely fuct long before i got to the polling station..

Worst thing was one of my neighbours voted out because he was certain the vote would end up being stay... Knob head 💩

To be fair there was an immense amount of confidence in Danish and other European media that the UK would choose to stay, I think a lot of people were lulled into the sense that this was a pointless vote, that it was more of a gesture to say "Look, you actually have a choice!". The fact that it then turned out to be a huge surprise, is well, not really a surprise with hindsight. If you look at the UK as it is, it has a completely failing left wing that has abandoned all its core voters, you've got a populist right-wing party that knows it doesn't have to be held accountable, because it has little to no opposition. My theory is that a lot of people truly believe that politics are static, and so for a bit of craic they said, hell let's see if our voice actually matters - and so a lot of people voted in favour if leaving simply because it was _something else_ - variety is the spice of life? And I am assuming that a lot of old-timers in the left wing circles probably voted out for entirely different reasons, but that voice was squashed.

The issue is not really that the UK left the EU, the issue is that it was done in the most messy and unclear way, and that a huge proportion who wished to maintain certain values that the EU stood for were overruled. A huge reasoning behind that was a genuine lack of left wing debates in regards to Brexit, a lot of people went down the more liberal route and simply stood firm on their belief that it never should have happened, so when the vote went through their voice became negligible. Fighting for better leaving terms would have been a more noble cause than simply calling for a second referendum which they knew would be redundant. (Oh and if anyone wonders why I have such a personal vendetta against everything that went down, it's because they forced me to go down 1 and half year of useless paperwork to get my partner citizenship)

But anyways, bleh, politics! Ugh! I'm going to drill open all my cheap frames and make them serve as component mules! Viva la... revolution?

Are we all talking bolloctics now?
Bike smugglin and parts runnin....that's more fun!
So I'm thinking.....
3 bike carrier on the back of a car.....
Bikes get nicked on hols
Voila.✌️

Ok i'll get us back on track..

1) Book flight to UK +10,000€ holiday insurance
2) Collect bike
3) Feign death from monkey pox
4) Teary wife repatriates body
5) Seal biohazard 'do not open' body and bike in container
6) Get bike home and explain elabourate ressurection plan to long suffering wife
7) Press bag of frozen peas firmly on eye to reduce swelling
8 Claim cost of repatriation from holiday insurance

Bob's yer uncle!

Yeah. What's happened happened, however bewildering, and like many people I had a lot of shit that I didn't sign up for
to deal with. Probably best to get back on track and find inventive solutions since it's not going to go away anytime soon.

Ok i'll get us back on track..

1) Book flight to UK +10,000€ holiday insurance
2) Collect bike
3) Feign death from monkey pox
4) Teary wife repatriates body
5) Seal biohazard 'do not open' body and bike in container
6) Get bike home and explain elabourate plan to long suffering wife
7) Press bag of frozen peas firmly on eye to reduce swelling
:cool: Claim cost of repatriation on holiday insurance

Bob's yer uncle!
I am seriously starting to wonder if we're moving away from the realm of fantasy and we're potentially sharing ingenious insurance scams and smuggling techniques to keen lurkers of Retrobike - especially the ones with a mission.

"What started as a post to vent about import overcharges in regards to a bike charge sparked an unstoppable underground bike smuggling movement that's running rampant through Britain and the European mainland, morticians being paid under the table to smuggle bike tat by dodgy characters wearing undersized Fat Chance and Kona jerseys. Lidl carparks littered with bolts, crimps and wire cuttings, grease smeared against the shop windows. Ferries have started taking pictures of people's bikes as they enter the country on what looks like a couple of pipes welded together with some rubberbands for tyres, but return with shiny classics. The war on drugs has ended, the war on bikes has just begun!"

Big magnets!
Waterproof bags
Clunk ......underside of boats 👍
Perfect and the boys in blue won't bother skimming through the sales pages of people selling "bikes as heavy as a boat anchor", thinking it's going to be a proper gran bike, but in reality it's a sparkling mint Fat Chance about to be smuggled.

Are there any RB members who work for a cross channel ferry company?

They could develop a tidy little business advertising their services here and simply "riding to work".

Back