Help me not get financially ruined

But in seriousness does anyone know if putting bicycle is sufficient or do I have to break down individual parts?

I'd go on their definition of a breakdown...
IE ...clothes...is a plural...
So a t shirt and a pair of shorts..
It's a bike so one bike!
Or it's
242 ball bearings
30 feet of inner cabling
64 grams of dried paint
6 grams of stickers
800 grams of rubber

😂

I've often wondered if you could get a cheapo bike, pannier it up. Ferry to the continent(or in this case continent to the UK). Then buy the frame or bike you wanted, swop everything over, dumping the cheapo into the nearest skip, then do the return journey.
Would the chaps in customs at the ferry terminal notice. Do they record actual bike model, or just under a generic 'tour cyclist'

Every time I've ferried abroad on two wheels I find if your a bit sweaty with flies buzzing round you they tend not to bother you too much....just give you that "look" 😂

I think I a new career is on the cards...international bike smuggler!

Are we starting a pan European bicycle component smuggling gang? Notorious around the port towns, found in the late hours under a dim sodium lamppost, switching out components on our supermarket bikes, balaclavas on and a tenner to buy the one overpriced pint for hydrations sake

Wouldn't it be easier just to throw a groupset in your rucksack and then say oh it's just spare parts in case I get a flat which derails the bike into a thorny bush which entangles my derailleur, snaps it clean off, while my bars fling in a 80 degree angle into an oak which would make quick work of my two brake levers and shifters.

Back