Great big Singlespeed thread!

Love a singlespeed... infact I only own singlespeeds because I can't work derailleurs. Until recently I had been riding a Charge Plug 5 with a exzentriker BB on it so I didn't need a tensioner.

20230117_091239.jpg
20230204_130729.jpg
Sadly, the salty sea air had its way with the BB and then the crank.

20230217_170516.jpg
So now I've got something new... no photo's yet though but I have put one of these stickers on there...
20230301_183912.jpg

Love a singlespeed... infact I only own singlespeeds because I can't work derailleurs. Until recently I had been riding a Charge Plug 5 with a exzentriker BB on it so I didn't need a tensioner.

View attachment 746870
View attachment 746869
Sadly, the salty sea air had its way with the BB and then the crank.

View attachment 746867
So now I've got something new... no photo's yet though but I have put one of these stickers on there...
View attachment 746866
Did you buy that Plug from East Devon? Sure looks like my old one. It rode so nice, just wanted more tyre space and less toe overlap. I'd really love the pink grinduro they did.

Tell me more about this bottom bracket, not heard of it?

Summer single speed set up for pootling to the shops and casually dropping any big double stair sets on the way home !!

Attachments

• D80F7336-9124-4EBD-8967-FF3E4AA67F89.jpeg
    D80F7336-9124-4EBD-8967-FF3E4AA67F89.jpeg
    955.4 KB · Views: 4
Hey folks, I have been pulled over to the dark side, and am going single speed on my Sbike,

Though I’m not sure I have the legs for 44t-12t single speed…

Anyone know where I can buy spacers for my crankset or should I just grind down the bolts?

Also anyone know a (at least nice looking) single speed kit inc spacers, Lockring and of course a sprocket?

Did you buy that Plug from East Devon? Sure looks like my old one. It rode so nice, just wanted more tyre space and less toe overlap. I'd really love the pink grinduro they did.

Tell me more about this bottom bracket, not heard of it?

Honestly it was Ebay so i couldn't say, I love it though! looking to build it back up soon (perhaps with gears...). Can't say that I found the toe overlap too bad and only ran 35s so didnt notice the clearance issue

The BB is a Trickstuff Exzentriker, it's essentially an eccentric BB for 'Euro BB' threaded bottom brackets. I didn't buy it from new (beacuse it is not cheap) and my general review would be 'a little faffy but worth it if you can pick one up for a reasonable price'

Mmmm the pink is delicious. They did a nice purple grinduro one too with some TRP Hylexs on. Managed to get hold of a Genesis day one 853 frame so having fun playing with that now!

Why is simple so complicated? I've had it apart and back together a dozen times and it still needs a tweak or two IMG_20230706_152611562.jpg IMG_20230706_152621001.jpg
A flaw of this tensioner system is that the skewer must be removed to take off the wheel

Back