Great big Singlespeed thread!

The “sanchez” had to have it because it’s my family name. Need more Canadian flavour on there though. It’s got some race face turbines in black and a blackspire chainring now.
Nice simple build, I like it. Always thought about getting a sanchez, but its the junction between the seat stay, seat tube and top tube. I was never a fan of the higher seat stay relative to the top tube. quite a few bikes still do this, whether its above or below. Not sure why though, is there a reason for this? one would think its stronger to keep the forces throguh the top tube from the seat tube?

Nice simple build, I like it. Always thought about getting a sanchez, but its the junction between the seat stay, seat tube and top tube. I was never a fan of the higher seat stay relative to the top tube. quite a few bikes still do this, whether its above or below. Not sure why though, is there a reason for this? one would think its stronger to keep the forces throguh the top tube from the seat tube?
Thanks dude.

Not too sure to be honest, I expect it’s just aesthetic given the materials used on this frame. For other more exotic materials that are impacted by deformation through the heat from welding, I’d expect a stronger case for the offset.

Admittedly I haven’t had a chance to put this one through it’s paces properly yet.

Hey, have a question for Kona fans…

I’ve recently acquired a Kona A single speed. It’s come out of storage and is unridden from new. Unsure on a price to sell as they seem to be so rare?
I thought I would pop a post here to see if any Kona fans are interested rather than putting up a FOR SALE post
Can share more details and pics for anyone interested.

Cheers

Out on the weekend on the Fatbikes with Brian and my boy Caleb.
I was on my ever trusty singlespeed Pugsley and Brian on his singlespeed Ican. Caleb had gears on his Baby Fatty and it was best to have those as he is only used to coast riding on sand and rock and not used to muddy and rooty singletrack.
I must say after 10 or 11 years now I think I really like this Pugsley ;)

Jamie

Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

I bought a single speed 29er on a whim last weekend. It arrived yesterday and boy was it an experience riding home. I swapped the forks for my Ti one's with a front rack because there are no rear rack mounts.

My ride is quite hilly and the ratio on the bike is 32:17 (I think) which I find worked well on the hills for me but I span out too much. I think I'll keep it like it for now but may change rear sprocket to 16 to give me a smidge of extra top end since I'm spinning out at 13.5mph.

The simplicity of one gear was super refreshing but I couldn't help moving my thumb to press a non-existent shifter.

I have a 60 mile ride tomorrow which will also help me check whether the current ratio is good for my type of riding.

If all else fails, the bike has a hanger so can easily become geared but in the future, I'd like the option of a rohloff too.

IMG_1860.jpg

Well if you are going to buy one in a whim you chose a really good one! Is it a sigular swift? Think they are about to release a new version

Latest posts

Back