Cycling: is there a spiritual side to it?

Perhaps we could add 'ego death', aka 'ego dissolution': those moments of feeling 'one' with the world rather than a separate(d) individual (and explained clearly and concisely here: https://www.britannica.com/science/ego-death). I think that's the feeling @Imlach was getting at.
All kinds of viewpoints converge there on a single page on a term I have never felt comfortable with, making a connection is dying?

Flow I can relate to much easier, hyperfocus, I don't know maybe a heightened awareness.

I'll offer this. Years ago I was talking to a psychologist who happened to be cyclist commuter (Brompton fanboy if you must know, fold up pedals etc.) about this, and the supposedly therapeutic nature (spiritual?) of just cycling. His view was that cycling is so incredibly complex and unnatural for a human being, it requires the brain to focus much more on motor like functions and the rest shuts down.

It made a bit of sense to me, and got me thinking about the million calculations the brain must be going through to simply balance and steer.

I'll offer this. Years ago I was talking to a psychologist who happened to be cyclist commuter (Brompton fanboy if you must know, fold up pedals etc.) about this, and the supposedly therapeutic nature (spiritual?) of just cycling. His view was that cycling is so incredibly complex and unnatural for a human being, it requires the brain to focus much more on motor like functions and the rest shuts down.

It made a bit of sense to me, and got me thinking about the million calculations the brain must be going through to simply balance and steer.
Imagine how many calculations it's doing when I'm having a wank while cycling

Back