Cracked windscreen

On a tangent, thats a lovely Twingo. What's your review of them?

I'm thinking of getting one to play with and maybe do some track days on a budget.
Thanks - sold my nearly 300bhp Fiat Coupe and bought this so I'm missing a few horses however it's a bunch of fun on the A/B roads, and would be great for the track, which I may do myself especially as I have the Renault Monitor in this :) They ain't that fast, but are vocal, and love to be revved. There's sod all torque so forget about cruising around in 5th. It goes without saying the handling is brilliant and I thought I would find the ride harsher than it is, but it's fine. Pretty much what EVO said https://www.evo.co.uk/renault/twingo/7061/renaultsport-twingo-133-silverstone-review

We (pedants) always laugh at the
"One Less Car" sticker.
(usually attached to the sort of bike you wouldn't want to ride due to condition and quality, thus potentially alienating any new recruits to BikeAsTransport)

Of course now I know it ought to say:
"One Car Fewer"
I think I'll get some printed and offer them around🤣

Thanks for the replies - never had this before in years of driving. Can’t see any starter chip or damage and it ain’t exactly been scorchio in Wales lately. Ah well, chalk this one down to history
My car is now on (at least) its fifth windscreen... had at least three broken springs and one destroyed wheel too. The roads are in a dangerously bad state these days...

That many windscreens could the frame be out of line?
I've only broken springs carrying a 150kg beam on the roof,(🤫) and full family holiday trip with 4 bikes on the back and hit a humpback bridge too fast. 🙄
Steel wheels, though I've dented a couple on rocks in the verge - but bent them back.
Rural Welsh roads, potholes deep enough to go fishing.
Golf mk4 Estates driven 100k+

That many windscreens could the frame be out of line?
I've only broken springs carrying a 150kg beam on the roof,(🤫) and full family holiday trip with 4 bikes on the back and hit a humpback bridge too fast. 🙄
Steel wheels, though I've dented a couple on rocks in the verge - but bent them back.
Rural Welsh roads, potholes deep enough to go fishing.
Golf mk4 Estates driven 100k+
Nah, it's quite straight - all were obvious stone chips which developed into cracks. Rural Scottish roads, V70 with approx 110k of my miles and 95k of someone else's... it was a boulder in the verge that did for my destroyed wheel too, though it was alloy and the metal did not look like it was in a mood for returning to its former shape!

I've nothing to say on the windscreen other than it's increasingly common these days unfortunately.

However I do one to say that's a solid choice of car, love these things and getting increasingly rare now. I must admit I'm looking forward to the new Twingo despite it being electric.

Back