Boulder Intrepid AL (Finished!)

Re: Boulder Intrepid AL (new project)

felixdelrio":10qrswrh said:
Nice score!

^^ indeed

given the design of the backend its one of those bikes you just want to sling a leg over and have a go on,
just like Al's KHS, the suspension arrangement is very different to path others took.

glad to hear your going to loose the bars, and hopefully the black walled tyres also ?

Re: Boulder Intrepid AL (frame cracked ooog...)

Okay well that was unexpected. Thanks to racer x for pointing it out to me, the frame has two long cracks in the head tube, just to the right of the head badge. Gut punch! I hadn't noticed yet as I had only pulled the frame out of the shipping box to snap a few pics, then stashed it away again.

There was no mention of this in the eBay ad, so its back to the seller to try and get my money back. Shipping and customs charges weren't cheap either! Does anyone else have experience with this type of situation? Hopefully the seller is conscientious and does the right thing no haggling needed...

This is the original ad description:

"This is part of our museum collection. But we are remodeling and would to have space to show theses vintage frames off. (See my others yo ha).

This is a vintage Boulder cycles suspension frame by. Exact year ? But best estimate is 1993-1994. Included are the xtr lever/shifters (first gen), headset, Rick shox mag21, fork cooks brother cranks. And dis comp 986 brakes. Post and bottom bracket. More stem, brahma bars and grips

This is the spring version of their suspension bikes (I think) the Susp is tucked into the top tube behind the seat tube.

Pretty rare frame to find and part of cycling history."

Re: Boulder Intrepid AL (new project)(CRACKED FRAME NOOOOoooo..)

should be a pretty straight forward return/refund (seller prolly dint know).

curious to how this one turns out ...

k-rod":3f10w8id said:

Pretty much, but I guess I'm out the shipping both ways?... Not sure as I've never been in this situation before.

It might be worth more to keep the parts (in theory) than pay another $200 in shipping...

I'm going to try to come up with a solution with the seller before getting eBay involved. Hopefully he's a stand-up guy.

shamobius":1x6vw9ke said:
k-rod":1x6vw9ke said:

Pretty much, but I guess I'm out the shipping both ways?... Not sure as I've never been in this situation before.

It might be worth more to keep the parts (in theory) than pay another $200 in shipping...

I'm going to try to come up with a solution with the seller before getting eBay involved. Hopefully he's a stand-up guy.

Oh no!!!!!!

You have coverage for return postage with eBay or paypal (I can't remember which now that they have split).

My suggestion would be to find a way of getting a partial refund on cost and shipping and keeping the parts. I have had that happen before with purchases, and many are more interested in keeping a few $$$$s than dealing with a whole return ordeal.

Thanks Jimi, that's what I was thinking. There's a way to salvage this mess...

Re:

agreed FTW can fix it. he does it all the time on Yetis...but you probably would be looking at $500 USD plus ship, and another $250 at least to have the paint blown in properly. you are easily looking at $1000 CDN inc ship to fix that :(

you might be able to buy some press / loctitie in titanium reinforcements and leave the cracks as is...

Re:

my experience hasn't been great with a return like this.
I'd ask seller for some sort of refund. maybe enough to
get it repaired. chris dekerf here in town can fix it.
bet it's not that much either. chickenball had a yeti
repaired by him. can ask him what cost was.
give you a ball park at least.

Latest posts

Back