Boulder Intrepid AL (Finished!)

Re:

So nice :cool:
For riding my Defiant Ti sometimes, I agreed about the quality ride of those Boulder ;)

Fantastic to hear you enjoying it, after the disappointment of the damage and the quandary of what to do with it.

It looks great too.

Re:

your bike is a metaphor for a positive attitude towards life and aging. Things cant be perfect. We need to accept this, stich our wounds, accept our scars and move on!

That's a refreshing perspective Henry. Sometimes all we need is a few repairs. Now when I am riding the Boulder, I'm not thinking about the cracks and the frustration it took to get me to here, only the thrill of the ride and the sense of accomplishment for a job well done. This bike didn't deserve to be on the scrap heap. New life!

That's a fantastic resurrection and subsequent build - congratulations. And to have had de Kerf work on the frame only adds to the overall history and mystique of the bike (and the value?). And there's no way those Ti rings are going to burst anytime soon which is something that can never be said for any old Ally frame.

Maybe you could source some decals for the forks as I think Boulder always paint matched the forks and then added the fork decals afterwards.

And what about a Boulder appreciation thread!! (if there isn't one already). I'll follow yours in with my Starship.

Attachments

• Boulder4.jpg
    Boulder4.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 584
Thanks Cavalier, maybe we should start a "Show us your Boulders!" thread, if only for the pun potential!

It's lovely. Digging the white saddle and cables. Only beef is you need to use one of your better pics for BoTM. That one on FB is a winner ;)

Back