...and the spirit of retro lives on...

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Last Friday saw the Grom and I throwing our bikes down the Climacx trail in Machynleth - and on the last big rock drops and downhill section I felt I was right to be on my 2019 29er Transition Sentinel rather than anything else. Taking all those hits at speed is let's say....demanding. And then back home it was with a fair dose of sadness that I looked in the barn and thought....'90 Marin ti gone. '90s Oranges gone. '93 Proflex gone. Cannery Bontrager serial 0020 gone. Everything 1980s and 1990s gone...flown....sold...Karma'd… But then I saw the orange Cotic Simple beaming back at me. 26 inch wheels. KB Racelite-like gussets. 853 tubing. And it exuded the spirit of retro. Born in the 2000s but spirit in the '90s. That one will be staying...

Once A Hero

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
You've mentioned your Cotic on numerous occasions - I think it's only fair to show us a pic or even link us to a thread for it in the correct area of the forum.
Must admit I know little to nothing of Cotic...😳

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Great to be joined by lots of fans of Cy Turner’s work...great photos from folks...

Well...there have been a few in our household...a Small orange SOUL for the Grom (frame now in Ireland)...and a duck egg blue medium for me (complete bike now in Bath - photo below)...the SIMPLE...(also below)...and a BfE Max (currently in the stand subjected to Slow Build...). Photos as requested...note the SIMPLE is in its COMPLEX mode (with gears)...but it will flip to full SIMPLE soon...

Attachments

• ADA6CCDD-0F51-4065-B050-C102E9D2ABB7.jpeg
    ADA6CCDD-0F51-4065-B050-C102E9D2ABB7.jpeg
    911.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 110D347A-F4EA-4343-A6CB-A44FEB67F65B.jpeg
    110D347A-F4EA-4343-A6CB-A44FEB67F65B.jpeg
    825.4 KB · Views: 7

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hey Slackboy .... look at the chain on your Simple...nice...’ a slack chain is a fast chain ‘ .....

Like it...

And a nice jaunty angle on the Bel Air ....