Bontrager Race Lite rebuild, interesting history...

Ya cmon! Lets get at the finish line together with out bonty's. I pretty much lack tools and need my wheels built, otherwise I'm ready to build.
Ugh, I need to get cracking on those mag 21 legs and get wheels built! Finishing simultaneously...yes, I've heard that's a good thing....oh, were we talking about bikes?

Maybe it did not read it, but where did you get the Bontrager decals? I have an old Bontragee Race and want to do a restauration but I do not find a source for Decals

Gil at Retrodecals in the UK will do repros (find him on Facebook)
velocals in the US withdrew from the bike decal business in December 2022

Maybe it did not read it, but where did you get the Bontrager decals? I have an old Bontragee Race and want to do a restauration but I do not find a source for Decals
Mine were from velocals, but as @slackboy stated, they suddenly withdrew from business this last year. Gil is your best shot now, I think.

Beautiful!! I also grew up in SC and always wanted a Bontrager, also had a friend who worked at the Cannery.... I found a 94 Race on eBay in 2020 and built it up to make it mine. I love the bike! Your story is great!! Thanks for putting it out there!
KG

Beautiful!! I also grew up in SC and always wanted a Bontrager, also had a friend who worked at the Cannery.... I found a 94 Race on eBay in 2020 and built it up to make it mine. I love the bike! Your story is great!! Thanks for putting it out there!
KG
That's awesome! Got any pics! Love to see your bonty, especially since we all need to repopulate some bonty pics to this site, given the losses to the bonty thread from the recent hack!

That's awesome! Got any pics! Love to see your bonty, especially since we all need to repopulate some bonty pics to this site, given the losses to the bonty thread from the recent hack!
I had the rasta seat on a 26" Santa Cruz Superlight. I sold the Superlight but kept the seat and found the Bontrager on eBay. I put Mavic/Bullseye wheel set, Tange Switchblade fork and Hunter Cycles Smooth Move bars on. Frame decal was in bad shape so ordered a replacement through Velocals which is now permanently closed. If anyone has a resource for frame decals, I would appreciate a recommendation. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2975.jpg
    IMG_2975.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    740.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2974.jpg
    IMG_2974.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back