Hi @Zanoli From your description, I think that your TL2000 is a '92 model, as can be seen here, right? In this case, the fork is a Rond one and tires are indeed Panaracer Smoke. As to why Peugeot/MBK had Miche components at the time, I don't know. Peugeot and Look were part of Cycleurope BITD. Could this also be the case of Miche? Besides Miche, Peugeot MTBs of this era also have Italian components from Plastiche Cassano (chainstay guard) and ProGrip (grips).

Yep it's definitely this one. I'm not familiar at all with Rond Fork - not much info around the web either... i'd be happy to learn more about it ! In my case though, i won't go for a full restoration and make it the missus mule as it's her size and she doesn't like the red of her Stumpjumper so much :) Good point about the Cycleurope group, that may be as simple as that (but still, spec'ing their bike with XTR hubs but choose other skewers that's a bit crazy :) !
Thanks

There is a review on the Rond in the Archive. I have several in use. HydroPro 2, 3 and Rebel. In my experience they are durable, well functioning early suspension forks. Not as light as a RS SL Ti. For the greyish crown there has been a recall. HydroPro 3 pictured >>

Attachments

• Rond HP3.jpg
    Rond HP3.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 6
Those MKS pedals were my first foray into clipless, aged around 13. I only found out fairly recently, though, that Suntour XC Pro were actually the same pedal with a different logo.
The fun thing is that I made the reverse observation a couple days ago, while educating me about the various SunTour gruppos; I was thinking that the SunTour pedals were looking a lot as my MKS :)

Last edited:
So I had a look at the MKS pedals service instructions. There's no mention of SunTour, but Mikashima (MKS?) Industrial Co., Ltd. Was Mikashima the manufacturer of the SunTour pedals, or vice-versa?

P1030091.JPG
P1030092.JPG

I don't know specifically for the clipless pedals, but yes, it appears that Mikashima has manufactured pedals for SunTour [1]: "MKS has made pedals for other firms, most notably, the beautiful ones they made for SunTour."

There is a review on the Rond in the Archive. I have several in use. HydroPro 2, 3 and Rebel. In my experience they are durable, well functioning early suspension forks. Not as light as a RS SL Ti. For the greyish crown there has been a recall. HydroPro 3 pictured >>
Thanks !

So I had a look at the MKS pedals service instructions. There's no mention of SunTour, but Mikashima (MKS?) Industrial Co., Ltd. Was Mikashima the manufacturer of the SunTour pedals, or vice-versa?
I've no idea, but my guess would be Suntour licensing the design from MKS. Suntour's version was called PL-XP10 with a ti axle, or PL-XP11 with a steel axle (thanks Google!) but, looking at these images, you can clearly see they are the same pedal as the MKS MXP-110, even the model name is similar.

1621340997891.png 1621341049977.png
Screenshot_20210518-133219_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't have any Suntour pedals mate. I had a pair of MKS about 25-30 years ago, but I only recently found out that Suntour used them and have only ever seen their version in pictures.

Back