Re:

What an awesome, clean bike :cool:!
And a very well documented and visually supported thread: I like :D
I love the purple satin finish, that is spectacular in all its simplicity.
Will you be riding this beauty, or not..?

Thanks for the kind words @Double-E F.

As my Rocky Mountain Cirrus, I'll definitely ride this bike. This is what I meant in my last post where I wrote that I have spare onZa H.O. pedals and Panaracer Dart/Smoke Classic tires. I won't take the risk to ride the Peugeot with 26-year old Hutchinson tires. And I don't have enough MTB shoes to install all the clipping system of the golden 90s; only one pair in working order ATM, in fact. For more than a quarter of a century, I'm riding onZa H.O. pedals, even on my "modern" '09 Cannondale Rize Carbon 2!

I just worry about the frame size; I normally ride 20" frames. But since my Rize is also a medium size (though with a totally different geometry) and is fine by me, the Peugeot might do the trick too. The seatpost is however at its max extent whereas additional 1.5-2cm would have been perfect.
Oh and I'm better avoiding snowy/rainy/muddy conditions with my vintage MTBs. So probably not before this spring/summer. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Excellent. I have had one of the Team Line models with carbon lugs. Very nice, but your top of the line bike is the one we all want of course :)

Thanks @Elev12k.

Wow, I've never seen a TL with carbon lugs; with carbon tubes glued to aluminum lugs, yes, but with carbon lugs, never. Do you remember the exact model? Documentation on the Team Line range is... special, with specs not on par with photos (like my TL 2000), models sold with a different name than in the catalogue (TL 2200R commercially available as TL 4000; not to be confused with a later TL 4000 built on the FS Sintesi Bromont frame), or models not in any catalogue (such as TL 850).

Last edited:
Wow, rare beast that you have had. I've never seen one of those in the wild. Funnily enough, my TL 2000 that was the top of the range in 1993 is the entry model in 1995 (equivalent to the T2000M). Times are changing...

Last edited:
It was a very nice bike, but too small for me. Mine had the aluminium tubing in the main triangle and was specced with the base A la carte option: STX RC. It is now in the Mountainbike Museum in NL.

I now do have a Peugeot Europe Express (Reynolds 531 All-Terrain) that is my size.

Hello,

This thread has been really useful to ID my TL 2000 (unfortunately it was in poor shape compared to foxb13's...). According to OP '93 displays '92 models, so i guess mine's a 1992. Original specs are really close to the 1993 but differ on a few details :

- skewers are XTR M900 instead of Miche (i'm really intrigued as to why some french brands like Peugeot or MBK would specifically use Miche seatclamps and skewers in that era, where they special in any way ?)

- seatpost is the sublime black Mavic 330 SSC (Gao) in 26.6 diameter

Forks don't look like Marzo and tires looks like Smokes from the catalog pic, but they were missing on my bike. Grips and pedals didn't look original on it too, so i can't comment on them. Other than that my '92 had the same parts as the '93 and the frame set looks the same mix of EL / Max.

Cheers

Hi @Zanoli From your description, I think that your TL2000 is a '92 model, as can be seen here, right? In this case, the fork is a Rond one and tires are indeed Panaracer Smoke. As to why Peugeot/MBK had Miche components at the time, I don't know. Peugeot and Look were part of Cycleurope BITD. Could this also be the case of Miche? Besides Miche, Peugeot MTBs of this era also have Italian components from Plastiche Cassano (chainstay guard) and ProGrip (grips).

Those MKS pedals were my first foray into clipless, aged around 13. I only found out fairly recently, though, that Suntour XC Pro were actually the same pedal with a different logo.

Back