1993 MERLIN Titanium retro MTB build-up thread with much Syncros and Ringlé

Maybe the shim inserted in the seat tube isnt original after all.
i think i made the same mistake with mine and was using a 27mm initially as i thought 27.2mm was not the right fit as it was really tight to get in. but it does go in and i've stuck with it since.

Beautiful build!

After you restored the decals on the cranks, do you protect them when going for a ride? These wear off so easily.

No, I kept it original. If they wear off, I simply put new ones on.
Hi Fguki, I want to get in touch because of the Syncros decals. How on earth do you start a private conversation on this site? Seems like the best hidden feature :oops:

Hello, I am a MERLIN fan from Berlin. I was searching for the right seat tube diameter of my 1993 MERLIN Titanium. 27.2 or 27.0 was the question?
I found the answer at RetroBike in fguki post #55 - 27.0 seems to be the right diameter - 27.2 is a bit too tight in my opinion ... I'll try it out ... I just ordered a THOMSON Elite in 27.0
fguki - where can I buy well-made decals online that are close to the original? Any tip is welcome ... Thanks for your help in advance ...

Hello, I am a MERLIN fan from Berlin. I was searching for the right seat tube diameter of my 1993 MERLIN Titanium. 27.2 or 27.0 was the question?

27.2mm is correct, according to the Merlin'93 catalogue and I can also confirm it as I have a Merlin frame from 1993.

27.2mm is correct, according to the Merlin'93 catalogue and I can also confirm it as I have a Merlin frame from 1993.
Thanks for your fast answer ... my THOMSON Elite in 27.2 fits, but it sits very tight, almost impossible to get it out without destroying the surface of the seat post ... that's why i will try a 27.0 ...

Back