Yet another Roberts D.O.G.S... of a rebuild

Really good news Neil. I bet you can't wait.

By all accounts mine has also been finished and should be ready early next week.

Can't wait to see some pictures of the finished frame/bike

I'm working from home today, as we have the mother of all weather warnings hanging over the South West.

Ding Dong! Oh, I wonder if that's my frame.....

Yup!

DSC_0129.jpg

So, after much careful cutting of wrapping, this is what we have.

DSC_0136.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

PERFECT!

I've just spoken to Brian, to tell him I am very pleased and he said they are all looking forward to seeing the finished build.

I guess I'd better make a start on that front wheel then.

Nice one Neil - glad it's worked out well for you - how does the replaced tube look under close inspection? Have you got the front mech pulley or will you be top pulling it?

Orange hey...!

What's the build thinking on this one then...?!

BB.

Cooks cranks, hmmm, now there's a thought.

BB, the build is going to be BLACK.

I have Pace forks, Hope hubs with Mavic XC717 rims. Bars Use, Bar ends early x-lite stubbies, seatpost Use, seat black / orange Charge spoon, bottle cage Ringle, I even have a TorQ black and orange bottle, last, I have a Ritchey stem that if it suits will be painted.

Cranks I'm undecided on, but the set up will be 2 X 10 with the new X0 grip shifters and either X0 or X9 F&R mechs. BB depends on the cranks, but will be either Royce (square) or Hope (hollow / gxp).

Brakes, Avid SD7 or possibly Cane Creek Inner Circle, with suitable black levers (black / silver at a push).

Oh and the top tube looks perfect.

The scary line on the invoice is 'remove / melt out bottom bracket' :shock:

EDIT: Sorry BB, forgot to answer your other question; yes I have got the pulley.

NeilM":3vre2z9v said:
sinnerman":3vre2z9v said:
Nice one..... :cool:

Thanks guys.

Carl, I didn't think this would be your cup of tea, given the lack of white paint ;)

Unsure why you would think that Neil.... :?

Back