What going to happen next????

dorsetbikeloving":1wbj2vdt said:
It is personal choice and we are all different but i do try to keep an open mind.

Sorry mate that post did sound arsey , just with all the crap that has happened i didn't mean to be. We may end up with a bath again, not sure. Phoned house insurance people last night and they are mean't to be sending some one out to have a look. So see what they say. What bikes do you have by the way??

I didnt read it as arsey at all, i completely understand it comes down to choice and choice alone. I like the bath as does my Mrs but the shower in te morning is well used.

I have a Mountain Cycle San Andreas at the Moment and a couple of other little lovelies. Just in the process of aquiring a Proflex too.

dorsetbikeloving":6g4jakvm said:
I didnt read it as arsey at all, i completely understand it comes down to choice and choice alone. I like the bath as does my Mrs but the shower in te morning is well used.

I have a Mountain Cycle San Andreas at the Moment and a couple of other little lovelies. Just in the process of aquiring a Proflex too.

Cool glad you didn't take it in a bad way. You got any pic's of your bikes?? never seen one of them before.

Well it gets better, the insurance company has wound the misses up. They told us to go get quote to get the bathroom re tiled and new flooring all materials and labour. Got them quotes to them
, and now they have said they will give us £300 which is nothing, we can't afford to do it by ourself's. They said they would pay for one line of tiles around the bath, which seeing as our house is dried lined. Get tiles of that is a nightmare.

So they we arguing on the phone and now they are sending some to have a look. They said to take one line of tiles off which is what i did the whole wall the longest side of a bath has come clean off the wall. How the hell your mean't to get one line of is impossible. Anyhow will see what they say tomorrow.

P~~~ed right off :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Get quotes form tradesmen before the insurance agent comes round,that way you can compare what their offering to pay to what the job actually costs to do
If theres a major difference you can then ask the insurance company man to explain the shortfall
Put them on the spot
Argue like hell on every point and never accept their first offer.

Remember its a fight you have on.

Got it wrong the bloke is coming out tomorrow.

BUT it gets WORSE today the kitchen/dining room ceiling has now come down as a result of the bathroom leak.

And gets better it my have asbesto's in it, which would mean house being cleared out of all our stuff to be cleaned and us moving out :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Back