1993 Marin Indian Fire Tail - Childhood Dream Bike

Just done the weight of the pedals. They came out at about 420grams which mite be close to the Shimano M737 SPD the Wellgo WPD94 pedals look about the same size just boxy

This is looking very nice😎 can’t wait to see the end result.
It’s quite nice I’ve tried me best to keep it as much in the 1993-94 parts range or at least look like it ..I also wondered what a purple Indian fir trail would look like full XTR M900.

It’s quite nice I’ve tried me best to keep it as much in the 1993-94 parts range or at least look like it ..I also wondered what a purple Indian fir trail would look like full XTR M900.
Looks very nice. Though a bit out of spec but I think dx would look good as well.

Looks very nice. Though a bit out of spec but I think dx would look good as well.
Ho No hahah never to spec on this build totally upgraded there lots period out there. lol ..I’ve not ridden yet I’ve been not well for about a year and only just coming round better wanting to try it

think I’ve found a nice AC Manitou brace for it but it mite look abit over the top being purple

Ho No hahah never to spec on this build totally upgraded there lots period out there. lol ..I’ve not ridden yet I’ve been not well for about a year and only just coming round better wanting to try it

think I’ve found a nice AC Manitou brace for it but it mite look abit over the top being purple
There’s no such thing as over the top when there’s 3DV involved😉

Haha so true mate. I saw that improve apart made some brake bridge braces for the Manitou 2 so bit the bullet and brought one. I’m not 100% what it’ll look like but can’t wait to find out and hopefully it’ll look the part and tie in with the rest of the bike …also I think this could be a copy of AC braces. It looks good 4F990061-2CB8-4F8B-937A-966BE014186B.jpeg

Small update I finally found time to mount the Syncros. The only thing to do to it next is by adding the white Syncros logo to the back of the seatpost. As I’m after the 1994 look for this..also notice somthing different the Shimano SIS outer cable a nice added to touch to this build

the frame condition is being left totally original I’m restoring this by polishing it. I quite like The aged look 30 years old and the life it’s probably had just like myself with age i think it’s aged well lol

24C0725A-BCF4-4C1A-849A-54D33FF2D089.jpeg

Last edited:
Last part to try out but it is really only an after thought cos I thought you don’t see many of these on Marins ..I just wanted to try out and see it is the Ringle Ti bolt seat collar with just the Allen key bolt for them race days lol…Ive been sorted out with a black one but if it doesn’t look they way I think it mite in black I will strip it and polish it to plain polished alloy..fingers cross it’ll look good if not I will go back to the original setup .

it is just like this in black pics to come BE851CE3-AFF2-4EE8-B22F-32C21BDF60DA.jpeg

Last edited:
Back