WHAT BIKE

Can you guys ID this bike for me Cannondale say their records don't go back that far and my S/N is NOT in a format that the Cannondale Vintage website recognises

I think it is a SM600 bought by me about 35 years ago and imported by my from the USA

BUT I was sure I purchased for me a SM800 BUT then my memory is a bit flaky now

The bike has been in the cellar for about 20+ years now only coming out for an infrequent cycle down a canal tow-path and I have a TREK (SORRY CANNONDALE GUYS) Powerfly EMTB now so it is just taking up space and will hardly be used by me now

DOING LOTS OF ONLINE RESEARCH and Checking the bike

KNOWN COMPONENTS ON MY BIKE ARE as below

I THINK IT IS a 1997 bike
RIMS Araya RM 25
26” wheels
HUBS Sansin ATB Sealed System
FR. DER ShimanoDeore
RR. DER ShimanoDeore SIS
SHIFTERS ShimanoDeore SIS
CRANKSET ShimanoBioPace 28/38/48
PEDALS MKS Grafightwith Toe Clips
FREEWHEEL Shimano14/17/21/26/32
BRAKES Suntour XCDLow Profile Roller Cantilever Brakes
SEATPOST Sugino SPKDfluted calibrated seat post
SADDLE Vetta Anatomic

The only bits that are not OEM as the grips, as the Cannondale foam ones were replaced about 10 years ago as they were well past their sell by date. I have cleaned up the bike quite a lot and may do a total refurbish on her and get her back looking as good as new, then of course I may just sell her. Any idea what the current value would be both as she is just now {I have cleaned up the brakes frame wheels and saddle} and then if I do a total refurbishment.

I LOVED the bike, and it is I think a 20" frame size as I wanted it for rough trail riding, not trying to kill myself on some MTB trail
Lovely bike

Back