Vitus 992 it begins - more french now

Re:

Great work Malcolm,

Fast build, have you been accumulating parts for a while ?

Any pics yet?

mike

Re: Vitus 992 it begins

I started buying bits when I got the frame which is when I started the thread. I do a pic tomorrow.

I think I have found some mavic bars and a mavic stem now. Mavic chainset and BB on its way from France on Monday excited slightly. This build has cost more than I thought it would.

bm0p700f":l68lmhda said:
I think I have found some mavic bars and a mavic stem now. Mavic chainset and BB on its way from France on Monday excited slightly. This build has cost more than I thought it would.

I know what you mean actually. I'm veering more towards a mix build now.

Mike

Re:

finished for now.

First ride tomorrow maybe.

I still have to buy decals, fit the mavic front mech on it way from NL, fit the mavic BB and chainset. Long term goals fit a mavic stem and bars, find some mavic hubs with a 130mm OLD for the rear and builf up wheels with the GP4 rims I have waiting, buy a corima elipse seat post and a giles berthoud saddle. then it will be as french as it can be.

Ran out of money for now so all this stuff can wait.

Re:

Not much to do then mate! :LOL:

Looks good as it is for now though. Have you ridden it yet?

mike

Rode it today 98 miles @17.8mph average that should tell you how it rides - stiff, stable at speed, comfortable kind of perfect really.

just bought a 28H mavic rear hub with 130mm spacing. Now just need to find a front and rims.

Re:

Glad you liked it Malc. Sounds like you had a nice ride :cool:

Did around 65 today, was nice once the Sun came out, on my way home :roll:

Mike

new 24H Mavic CSP14 rims and new Mavic MR601 hubs with original skewers, these cam from a distributor I buy from. I knew about the hubs but they recently found the rims in there stockroom. They actually have another pair of rims and hubs, if anyone need frenchness. As it is a shimano body I can fit the Dura ace 9 speed cassette I have in a box. So it getting more french. Mavic front mech refitted (another 860 mech). It's getting there.

Back