Vitus 992 it begins - more french now

I am not sure but I think the technical interested Greg Lemond started in the beginning of the 90s with a suspension fork from US-manufacturer Rock Shox, which was especially made for his roadbike. In 1992 not this fork I showed, the Rock Shox SL was used on the winning Lemond bike of Gan rider Gilbert Duclos-Lassalle. Later in 1994 Andrei Tchmil once again won P-R with a Vitus 992 Ovoid Aluminium equipped with a Rock Shox SL Suspension Fork. (see the 2 pics attached)

All this Rock Shox SL has been destroyed mostly on this races. So a Rock Shox SL is not available. The SL has a spring of metal in oil bath for susppension. The successor of the SL was the Rock Shox Rudy, which I showed in the post. This is the small sister of the Rock Shox Judy produced for roadbikes. It use a polymere and pressed air for shockabsorbtion

In the following years the P-R Era of the MAPEI Team had started. Their riders rode P-R with Ernesto Colnago's
straight fork Precisa made from Columbus steel tubes and they won 3 times by Taffi, Museuw and Ballerini- in one year the arrived in 1-2-3 a lot of minutes in front of the peleton so no rider thinks that to use a suspension fork could be an advantage for him.

Attachments

• Andrei Tchmil P-R 1994.png
    Andrei Tchmil P-R 1994.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 477
  • Andrei Tchmil P-R 1994_01.png
    Andrei Tchmil P-R 1994_01.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 477
  • gdl_50pct.jpg
    gdl_50pct.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 465
Back