Vitus 992 it begins - more french now

Re:

Blooming heck! Where did you find that one! All I can find is a pair of 170s :roll: Let me know if you decide to part with them ;)

That would be great news if the threads are standard. Been looking on the bay this evening, and I've noticed a lot of Regina ones are saying Campag compatible.
Sheldon Brown site is confusingm me too :oops:

Mike

Re: Vitus 992 it begins

Even campagnolo hubs were mostly english threading. Campagnolo compatible is more to with with being compatible with campagnolo shifters. Although if you run the correct form of D/T shifter - friction, everything is compatible with each other.

bm0p700f":3jsqy1bh said:
Well I found a 177.5mm mavic chainset! Mavic hubs seem hard to find. They often are 126mm and this frame a 130mm rear end plus I do not want to be restricted to 7 speed. The hub I bought for a £10 turns out to be 126mm and in need of new bearings. Good thing it is was teener. I'll find a use for it one day.

The cassette I have at the back is 12-27T. the threading on mavic 501 hubs is normal freewheel threading as far as I know.

its possible to find mavic hubs with 130 mm rear width but they are pretty rare. I have a pair of wheels with one but it has probably been modified to be able to take a 7 speed freewheel. It must be a 501 model
So you sometimes see some 7 or even 8 speed Sachs Maillard freewheels but they are really seldom seen

according to Velobase , the 531 is one hub with a 130 or 135 possible width but more designed for MTB use

but it is the 571 which has a cassette setup

Re:

Thanks for the insight Malcolm ;) , I'll be running 7 speed on mine .
I think I read on Sheldon Brown's site that the Mavic freehub body was only compatible with the rare Mavic cassette
So , what do you still need to find to finish yours off?

Mike

Only the 440 SSC brakes which are the post.

When I find a pair of GP4's in 28H I will build them onto the Hope Ti glide hubs and fit those to the bike. When I find a set of MR601 hubs or 571 hubs with a cassette body in 32H drilling I will lace them to the GP4's that arrived today in 32H drilling. Those rims are 410g and have suddenly become a favourite. I actually know where I can get a 24H MR601 hubset but 24H mavic rims are like gold dust.

bm0p700f":ldbzod5i said:
Only the 440 SSC brakes which are the post.

When I find a pair of GP4's in 28H I will build them onto the Hope Ti glide hubs and fit those to the bike. When I find a set of MR601 hubs or 571 hubs with a cassette body in 32H drilling I will lace them to the GP4's that arrived today in 32H drilling. Those rims are 410g and have suddenly become a favourite. I actually know where I can get a 24H MR601 hubset but 24H mavic rims are like gold dust.
Good luck with your search mate. I'm after a pair of 36h Open4Cd or Ma40 rims that are neither dead or extortionate

Mike

I have a pair of 32H open SUPs rims and 32H rear mavic 501? hub in need of new bearings. Same nothing I have matches what you want.

Re:

That's called sods law isn't it ! Never mind, there's no real rush. Haven't really decided what to do with gears on mine. The Modolo calipers are the same grey as the Ultegra tricolour r/m I have. Unfortunately the front one i have is braze on and the frame needs a band on :facepalm:
Anyway back to YOUR bike thread :roll: have you decided what saddle to go for ?
Mike

Back