Unhappy Customer

saw your ebay feedback, and because you added your bit to explain the negative feedback, and looking at all the other feedback, i dont see any reason, why anyone would be put off buying anything off yourself in the future

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... dback:2:uk

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Get your dough out of paypal asap!! then tell the knobhead to go and f**k himself!! Thin....? My arse!! Good luck fella!! :D

I realise I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but wanted to comment on it in regards to eBay feedback.

I was actually searching to see if there was a thread to note good and bad customer service from shops and websites, but ended up reading this whole thread because it was interesting.

If you look at Andy's feedback now, there is no indication he has ever received negative feedback on his feedback summary screen because it's all based on the last 12 months, so the only negative effect it has now is if someone scrolls through to page 4 of the old feedback and sees it, but there's not anything there to make them look for it.

Whilst eBay seems to have edged more and more towards the buyer at least bad feedback doesn't affect your rating after a year .... though I suppose that's also a warning as the same is true for dodgy sellers, if they can go a year without messing someone about.

These things happen way too often indeed. However there was no need to feel like you ripped him off. Even if the frame was too thin, you wouldn't have known. That makes it an honest mistake.

Personally I would have asked a fellow forum member in that area to check the bike out.

----

EDIT : I withdraw everything I wrote earlier. I obviously hadn't read the bit about the dent yet.

Well, the frame is a lot less shiny and the purchase of the GT stickers is suspicious to say the least. My guess is that he was trying to get a free new frame and possibly exchange some other worse components out.

That would have changed my post to a simple "go out there and shoot him".

Interesting thread! Just read the whole thing and my conspiracy theory is that the seller damaged it himself to get a refund, for whatever reason. You simply wouldn't describe a dent as being 'thin'.

You did right to stick to your guns!

Over 2 years ago and thinking about this bloke still winds me up. Reckon you may have something with the conspiracy theory there.

Banned him from buying any stuff from me. Also taught me to keep a full photographic file of my stuff with any relevant serial numbers as unfortunately there are many unscrupulous characters out there

Well, you didn't have to refund it and the feedback is gone now, so consider it a lesson learnt.

And yes, photographic evidence including serial numbers etc is important when dealing with total strangers. I doubt it is necessary when dealing with forum members, as we are all enthsiasts ... or at least that's what I like to think. Remind me of this post if I ever get ripped off here.

I know what you mean, i had someone buy some wheels from me in 2 seperate auctions, then not pay. Then no communication at all. I had his address for delivery, felt like going round there and wedging them somewhere moist!

You just have to accept that there are some absolute d**ks in this world!
;)

Back