Unhappy Customer

if you dont mind the negative feedback , just tell buyer he should have paid for insurance and told you fist thing that parcel was damaged .

end off .[/quote]

I agree with chris. You have been a perfect seller. He is a knob. And also that dent is nothing to worry about.

I've had bigger dents in my head. And look at me :LOL:
Well may be not the best example :oops:

The thing is cchris2lou I DO MIND NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

Tried to be as honest and open in my Ad as possible, raised real concerns about postage, offered insurance and now I'm still going to get stung :twisted:

eBay is to much for the buyer you can't even leave negative feedback as a seller these days

DENT THERE WAS NO DENT

Attachments

• Dent1.jpg
    Dent1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 910
  • Dent2.jpg
    Dent2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 910
Didn't he have a Pantera of his own?

Which one had the dent? The dented one in the picture doesn't look as shiny as yours ....

Hmmmmmm........

Just sent the Buyer this email, so we'll wait and see.

John that dent wasn't there when I sent it mate WOW!!!! That's happened in transit. Parcelforce are absolute Wankers!!!! pardon my french

Here's a couple of pics of that area mate during the refurb and when I sent it

Zoom in on Complete6.jpg you can see that there is simply no dent there !!

I would not have gone through the expenses of refurbishing that frame with a dent like that. I agree with the shop mate, bin the frame!! A dent that size has totally destroyed the stiffness of the double butted tubing. I've refurbished, built and owned a hell of a lot of bikes over the years and this is the 2nd one in as many months that's been damaged by a Courier.I posted a GT XCR 4000 the same day as the Pantera and that arrived safely BUT I won't be posting full bikes again that's for sure, from now on it's going to be collection only.

The only problem I've got is that I stated in my ad the following

I will post this bike but have concerns that it may get damaged in transit. WOULD REALLY PREFER COLLECTION. The postage cost reflects packaging costs and time. I haven't got a box yet so you'll have to bear with me as I source one from my LBS or Halfords. If the buyer wants more peace of mind I will insure the postage to the value of the sold price. This may incur an additional cost, so please contact me before bidding. I will also have to partly dismantle the bike for postage but real easy to put back together.

This is definitely damage caused in transit. This dent wasn't there and I don't think anyone could have stuck a decal over that bloody thing without there being air bubbles galore.

You did state that you hadn't kept the packaging. Unfortunately you didn't take the Insurance out and a claim now needs to be made with Parcelforce. This packaging needs to be shown to make a claim

The Parcelforce tracking number for the bike was WW***0179, I believe that the Parcelforce48 insurance service will only cover up to the value of £150 unless additional insurance is taken out

Now I will do everything I can possibly do in assisting in making a claim against Parcelforce.

I have even telephoned both eBay, Paypal and Parcelforce since seeing your pics. Parcelforce will need to examine the packaging that the bike was sent in for any claim purposes. Ebay have advised me that the transaction is complete and that this is 'technically' outside of the eBay world. They have advised me that they will assist in every way possible in resolving a dispute if one should arise. Paypal will only intercede if a dispute is raised.

I offered the Insurance as I had real concerns about posting. The frame is now worthless but the parts are certainly not and it will be easy for you to recoup the cash with the sale of them.

I'm sorry John but in this instance I am not prepared to offer a refund as I will not be able to proceed with a claim. If you wish you can open a dispute against me in both eBay and Paypal that is your privilege but I hope you can understand why.

Andy

having just read the whole thread, i think the buyer seems like a he's a bit dumb, but me personally i'd be pissed about the dint assuming it did happen in transit and wasn't a swift hit with a mallet or something. but frankly, old skool GT frames have always been bombproof in my eyes and frankly i'd happily dirtjump that frame without giving it a 2nd thought. i had a 97 zaskar as a dirtjump bike back in the day and it's still getting abused now by a friend!!

as a buyer i'd try and claim off someone to get a little discount as a result of damage but i'd still keep it and as far as your feedback goes, you can prove the dint wasn't there so technically you have done nothing wrong so if it was me even though i'd be pissed about the damage i wouldn't leave bad feedback, at most, it would be neutral. either the buyer is to blame or parcelfarce, not you.

your offer of 100 off, i would have snapped your hand off!!

Good for you...polite yet firm. Well done.
I had something delivered two weeks ago in the most ridiculous packaging.....first thing I did was to take photos should anything be damaged.
Ebaystuff709.jpg

Ebaystuff710.jpg

the last email you sent, says everything you need to say, if he leaves negative feedback, then at least you can leave a comment to it also, i dont really worry about someones feedback if there is 1 or 2 negatives, if say the rest are all ok.

Back