Tyre for Mayhem - thoughts

Re:

Honestly THM I wouldn't worry but seriously thankyou. I'm actually looking forward to the extra challenge (you'd be amazed what I've ridden on road tyres :LOL: so I'm sure they'll be fine)

I always aimed to do this on as tight a budget as possible to make it a bit of fun (TwentyFourTwelve is the serious one for me). I'm not doing it to be competitive, I'm doing it to achieve my dreams (sorry you're not in them at the moment but I'm sure that'll change after next weekend ;) ) and have a good laugh while I still can.

My future may be uncertain but I intend to make the present as good as I possibly can.

Can I join the anti splashback brigade... put a set on for one of the muddier RB North Section rides and fell off at least twice due to grip issues.

I've just got a set of Kenda Kinetic wire bead jobbies that look to be a good all round tyre, 2.1 on the front and 2.35 on the back. Clearance not an issue as the stays on the Cotic Soul (burrn the heretic!) are pretty wide.

Haven't decided which retrobike to bring... Dekerf or RC200 are both options... and like the previous caller said, given the ancient gear on those... I'll live with the inadequacies of the tyres!

Latest posts

Back