To Pop Loc or Not?????

Re: Re:

jimo746":3ngmsg27 said:
Probably easier to buy some similar forks with the Poploc already fitted, then sell the ones you have to recoup some of the outlay.

I've gone from having a handlebar remote to having it on the top of the forks, once you remember about it it's not such an inconvenience.... although initially there were a few times when I locked them out for a climb then wondered why I was getting no travel on the descent :facepalm:

Haha..yep, been there several times, but I've also ridden with guys with handlebar mounts that have got to the bottom of a descent and forgot to unlock them!!!
I don't mind the fork mounted option, it was just a thought I had while they are getting serviced, think I'll stick with them....

To Pop Loc or Not?????

definitely Pop loc.

tumblr_llnlnnbtRV1qa5rnho1_400.gif

misteroo":ipie4ywr said:
02gf74":ipie4ywr said:
I would favour a remote lockout but would depend on the price. Whatchya been quoted?

The parts at Tf Tuned are £122. I thought it was a simple case of just adding the Pop Loc but the workings of the Motion Control are slightly different and have to be changed!

The damper cartridge is spring loaded for remote lockout on Motion Control.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. You see loads that don't unlock properly because the spring is worn. If you do go for it, get the older PopLoc lever - the current plastic PushLoc lever they use is the shittest thing ever.

No it's hasn't. And I didn't bother in the end. Its never really worried me not having one. I thought it was a simple case of adding the lever but once I realised what was involved and the cost I didn't bother.

Took me a couple of years to realise my first set of Fox forks had a lock out, used it once.

My second set have a lock out that's never been used.
My wife's full suspension had a broken lockout, we have no idea when it got broken, she's never used it......

mattr":rakozrd4 said:
Took me a couple of years to realise my first set of Fox forks had a lock out, used it once.

My wife's full suspension had a broken lockout, we have no idea when it got broken, she's never used it......

Don't you use it on roads? Or when climbing??

misteroo":3ov9r1uw said:
mattr":3ov9r1uw said:

Don't you use it on roads? Or when climbing??
Erm, no. Why would you?

Back