Car Park find - Klein Quantum Race 1997

redbikes

Klein Fan
Dusty find in an underground car park in new housing development in Leeds. Was locked for a year, back wheel stolen during that time. Shimano Ultegra 6500 full groupset. Located the owner, she was happy to gift it but I paid £125. Luckily the key to the lock was found! Not normally my cup of tea but I could not leave it there.

Upsides - cleaning it up was great and seeing all that lovely paintjob appearing from under the dust. Don't have a project currently. Already have Flite saddle and a few seat posts that fit to test out. It doesn't seem to have done too many miles.

Downsides -. I need to locate a rear wheel (Road wanted ad posted today). Seatpost is seized and all the way in, probably heading to The Seatpost Man in Chorley eventually. No cable inners are installed from what I can tell. It has 4 or 5 small areas of paint bubbling, most of it out of sight near underside frame holes. May need to source a stem too depending on how it fits once I can ride it after a rear wheell is sourced. Its a size 51 so may be too small - but I'm a short 30 inch leg and used to small mtbs so I'm hoping it's ok. Seat tube top to center BB measures the same as my commuter bike., just under 53cm.

If anyone knows of or has for sale a Shimano 6500 hubbed rear wheel or wheelset / hub / qr / or a Matrix iSO3 rim / wheel that'd be great. Rim label pic included here.
I'm not that hung up on finding the original rim for the rear wheel, it'd just be nice to have the matching wheel set so its worth a try!

Attachments

• 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20240102_114907679.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240102_114907679.MP.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 76
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    650.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 86
Brilliant! If you can't get comfy on it at least you can move it on for another that fits.
Thanks, and yep that's true but it would be a last resort only after staring at it for several years :) As a shortarse I hope it will be fine. A visit to the Seatpost Man in the near future and I'll find out soon after.

Thanks, and yep that's true but it would be a last resort only after staring at it for several years :) As a shortarse I hope it will be fine. A visit to the Seatpost Man in the near future and I'll find out soon after.
Glad you got a matching wheel!

The seatpost man is a legend. Enjoy!

Back