Strange bottom bracket

I just wondered if you fitted the adaptor for yours? I am new to this but having a raleigh in the early 90s I have just bought a maverick it's grey. I assume from the same period as yours mid to late 80s. I am looking at upgrades for the bike. BSA gives me more options on what to go for.

I just wondered if you fitted the adaptor for yours? I am new to this but having a raleigh in the early 90s I have just bought a maverick it's grey. I assume from the same period as yours mid to late 80s. I am looking at upgrades for the bike. BSA gives me more options on what to go for.
Indeed, the adaptor seemed to the right solution. From there you can fit a standard sealed BB bearing unit. No more wobbly pedal axle!

Indeed, the adaptor seemed to the right solution. From there you can fit a standard sealed BB bearing unit. No more wobbly pedal axle!
Nice glad you got it sorted. I need to sort the shifters first and handle bars on mine as the only unoriginal parts on mine is the handle bars which have been replaced by a size that's too big! And those brake/shifter pods in 9 speed when it's a 6 speed cassette!
Are yours the original thumbies?

Nice glad you got it sorted. I need to sort the shifters first and handle bars on mine as the only unoriginal parts on mine is the handle bars which have been replaced by a size that's too big! And those brake/shifter pods in 9 speed when it's a 6 speed cassette!
Are yours the original thumbies?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230707_124120_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230707_124120_eBay.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back